Major Updates for Android & iPhone!!
Those of you who like to get your chess on with your Android or iOS device will be happy to know that we've got MAJOR updates on both platforms this week! (Apple is still reviewing the submission but it could be in Store any time now.)
Ok, let's start with Android... Even though the focus here is not on new features, this update will definitely grab your attention. First and foremost, the whole app has gotten a complete visual redesign - and it is gorgeous! We've refined the look and feel to make the app look great on mobile handsets and tablets of all shapes & sizes. Slickness.
Additionally, common work-flows and features have been streamlined for simplicity, clarity, and ease of use. Finally, we declared all-out war on a number of subtle bugs that caused the app to crash/force-quit under different circumstances - and the result is a far more stable app! We hope you love it.
Users of our universal app for iPhone, iPod Touch & iPad will have to look a little harder (but not much!) to see the differences in this new version... Although the new app looks the same as before, here the focus IS on some very cool new features!...
- Support for Notification Center! (You will love our new custom Alert sound! It's chess-themed, loud enough to be effective, but not jarring enough to wake you up when your overseas opponent makes their move at 3 am!)
- Learning Positions! The Computer drills you on vital techniques! It's like Computer Workout on your iPhone!
- Online game boards now update whenever your opponent moves
- Improved "new game" flow lets you challenge your Chess.com friends or one of your Contacts. Look up an opponent by username! Starting a game with someone specific has never been this easy!
- Search our Video library by keyword or phrase! Often requested and hugely useful!
- New chat messages pop up in your Online Games (optional)!
- Send Friend requests to your opponents. Accept or decline incoming requests!
- Optional "mini-boards" provide a detail view of the last move played, right in your Online game list!
- Game-list indicators let you see if your opponent is online
- Live Chess: New Setting to "Auto-Queen" on pawn-promotion
- A new badge inside the app shows you the number of games where it's your move! (See screenshots above.)
- Improved Facebook sign-in!
- Many bug-fixes and interface improvements - and Live-chess connectivity is better than ever!
Alright! That's it for the moment, but we've got more great ideas on the way: So stand by for more of the best chess experience anywhere, right in the palm of your hand!
Finally, if you like these new versions, please update your glowing reviews! ;) (Our ratings are version-specific, so this helps us out immensely!) Thank you!