Site Development News - 2016-02-08
Starting today, we're going to be more transparent about our website-development progress on Chess.com V3. Check back each and every Monday for a recap of what we accomplished throughout the previous week!
Here are the highlights from last week:
- Bug fixes for chess variants, especially Crazyhouse!
- A LOT of work on Tactics, including UI tweaks, fixes to the different training modes, and some critical bugs that were even causing the feature to lock up
- Optimizations for large Clubs and member/content management by Club Admins
- Fixes to Daily Chess, for instance, relating to where users want to go after making each move (next game, back to game list...)
- We renamed "Standard" (i.e. Live time-controls longer than Blitz) to "Rapid" throughout the site. (This terminology is more conventional, and well help prevent confusion as "standard" will now simply refer to regular, non-variant chess, and have nothing to do with time controls.)
- A number of fixes to Trophy-related features
- Improvements to internationalization
We closed 220 issues in the last seven days!