Forums

Fritz 11 + Chessbase Light 2009?

Sort:
Lievin

I own Fritz 11, which I sometimes use to play and for analysis (at a very basic level, I think). Now I am thinking of start working with database software, just to keep record of my games and study a little.

An option is to buy Chessbase Light 2009 (forget Chesbase 10: too expensive for my purposes), but as I already own Fritz 11, I am not sure I really need Chessbase Light...

Could somebody sum up the main differences between Fritz's database capabilities and Chessbase Light??? The info on Chessbase.com is not very clear about this.

Thanks!

Exal

Perhaps you could try scid

Lievin

Thanks Exal. Yes, I know Scid... but Scid's user interface does not seem very good; it looks quite old and a little messed, and the project seem to be quite abandoned... Well, Chessbase's user interface does not seem very shiny neither, hehe! But at least, if I became more serious on chess and need Chessbase, I do not want to have to spend a lot of time moving my work from Scid to Chessbase.

I do not know; I will have a look, anyway. More ideas are welcome, especially regarding to differences between Fritz's database capabilities and Chessbase Light.

Thanks!

Exal

No, the project is active, check on the download section the release from January 2010 Wink

Lievin

True! I did not notice the release date! They should update some parts of documentation, then... ;) Thanks!

Lievin

Ok, lol.... digging into Fritz 11 Help I found the information I needed. There is a description of Chessbase's features in comparison with Fritz's database.

gilmar34andersen

Would you post it, please