Super rare fully working 1983 uk mb phantom chess computer

sound67

Here's a machine with intact lid and packaging/manual: 

http://www.chesscomputeruk.com/html/milton_bradley_phantom.html

Crappov
vinchenzzo wrote:

I have a super rare Milton Bradley 1983 uk Phantom Chess computer thats in full working order with only the protective plastic lid that is cracked and broken. This is a super rare item to find and im considering selling for the right price, which will be a fairly big price tag .... i have made a video today of it fully working playing chess against it and happy to share with any serious buyers.

You might post about this in the HIARCS forum ---->> http://www.hiarcs.net/forums/index.php

There are serious collectors there who may (or may not) be interested.

Crappov
crusaderwabbet wrote:

This is not a selling site "Pal". If you want to sell it then go sell it on ebay. If you want to review it then this is the site to do so. Don't be so tacky.

Go away.

vinchenzzo

Thanks Crappov, appreciate the advice. Cheers

vinchenzzo

Yeah its a real shame about the lid, i aggre sound67, got damaged during a house move. However you cant play it with the lid on! Its emense for 1983 tech, sets the whole board up automatically for you and to be fair, ive played chess for 35 years and the higher programs/levels are unbeatable, grandmaster maybe! 😁

vinchenzzo

It is the same butmine is the uk version, the german and us versions sold a lot more in the 80s so not as rare as uk version. Thanks

gargraves
That little machine is awesome! Maybe you can shoot a video of it moving pieces?
vinchenzzo

Will do mate...promise 

clwelsch

Do you still have your Phantom?

chessroboto

I’m glad that the mechanical chess computer market is still alive and doing well in the 2020s.

vinchenzzo

Clweslch ..... yep i do

legendproducts

I sold my fidelity phantom with dust cover original box all documentation and original packing material in excellent shape for $1000 on ebay in the last year

vinchenzzo

Nice. Ive decided to keep it another 10 years as will be super super rare by then!!

Missile13B

I have one of these in the attic, got given it in the early 80’s, must get it down tomorrow. It’s a UK version with a shabby user guide and mine also has a cracked lid, must have been a common fault.

Missile13B

I got it down and switched it on and it worked first time! 

sound67
vinchenzzo hat geschrieben:

Nice. Ive decided to keep it another 10 years as will be super super rare by then!!

If you want to finance your retirement scheme with this chess computer, I have bad news for you.

chessroboto

The benefit of a dedicated chess computer is that it is not dependent on an online service like SquareOff to continue working for the past 30 years.