Forums

Ambitious players that want to learn more...

Sort:
chaseeppy

Hey guys and gals, I am starting this topic in an effort to help myself and others who have difficulties with things like, "chess vision" I like to call it. What I mean by, "chess vision" is for example: ability to see tactics such as forks, pins, discovered checks, hung pieces, etc. I understand that most of these are self explanatory and can be seen by most people with basic-to-intermediate chess knowledge. However, I am someone (and I assume there are others like me) who learn better through doing and experience rather than reading (are more hands on; have to see it first-hand). So if any chess players out there that have the gift of, "chess-vision" and believe it is something that can be taught/learned through effort, and would like to help me and others like me, please comment on this post and let us know that you're up for it. Also, anyone else having issues with their, "chess vision" please feel free to post a comment in regards to the topic at hand. Thank you all for your time and any level of involvement/participation. -Chase

yourChess

First I think you need a chess analysis about a good game played without much mistakes.Find why they made there moves.

yourChess

Here I will design some chess puzzles for you to solve.

There are easy trust me :

chaseeppy

Thank you for positive direction and taking the time to post the puzzle(s).

x1121x

Knowing and understanding how each piece moves is much like a song, how each instrument interacts together to produce a harmony. Always remember that the end result is to mate the king and that all the pieces are a means to that end. Tactics is another word for chess vision, and practice is how you get to Carneghie Hall....

EpicJohnston

I would suggest looking at chess.com's Study Plans. These will point you towards chess articles, Mentor Courses, video lessons, and Tactics Trainer puzzles that will help you. I would also suggest buying Diamond membership so that you can do Chess Mentor, unlimited Tactics Trainer, and watch full video lessons. I hope this helped.Smile

KenF99

Play me in an unrated/rated game and while we play, I will point out every mistake/blunder/dubious move that the both of us creates. It's just like post-game analysis, except that it is done during the chess game! :)

There, I have sent two challenges to you, one unrated and one rated. You get to choose which one you want to accept.

Ken