Forums

1. a4: Best Chess Opening!

Sort:
checkmateibeatu
sandstreampop wrote:

Anyway, 1. a4!! clearly wins over any of your "principles" of chess. That, and developing the king as early as possible. Wins 100% of the time.

Except when the king gets mated...

sandstreampop

LOL

duskrevival

Everyone should watch this tournament, it's a tournament where the best players make their show (I bribed the TD so I was able to qualify)

http://www.chess.com/forum/view/general/bongcloud-invitational

What do you guys think of my opening preparation

mrguy888

Unfortunately my opening prep was banned because it would win every game...

http://www.chess.com/forum/view/fun-with-chess/1kxe2-the-bongcloud-gambit

Eloades11

Funniest thread xD

paripooranan

who will show a gr8 move better thaan this
LegoPirate
duskrevival wrote:

Everyone should watch this tournament, it's a tournament where the best players make their show (I bribed the TD so I was able to qualify)

http://www.chess.com/forum/view/general/bongcloud-invitational

What do you guys think of my opening preparation

What happens to your opening: 

duskrevival

I won then! checkmate=lose! Win=march king to other side!

LegoPirate

But you also died! capture accelerated dragon= get your head chopped off if you win! 

theRonster456

Yes, paripooranan, your analysis is very interesting. But, you forgot one thing: 1.a4! Yes, 1.a4, and not that silly 1.d4, wins in all variations. Allow me demonstrate using your own theoretical position. Here, you show c6 as black's move, but Kd2 is far superior. Look:

theRonster456
checkmateibeatu wrote:
sandstreampop wrote:

Anyway, 1. a4!! clearly wins over any of your "principles" of chess. That, and developing the king as early as possible. Wins 100% of the time.

This is just the kind of Orwellian "doublespeak" you'd expect from checkmateibeatu. "Except when the king gets mated..." That's the point! White doesn't get mated when he plays 1.a4! Watch how quickly black gets mated when he's up against this powerful move:

checkmateibeatu
Thanks for proving my point, Ronster. A king in the center is exposed!
MrHARVEY

scary Surprised

theRonster456
checkmateibeatu wrote:
Thanks for proving my point, Ronster. A king in the center is exposed!

You're welcome. Now, where'd I put that bottle of Jack Daniels......

Vyomo

Vyomo

As for the ronster's line, here is what happens

LegoPirate
theRonster456 wrote:
checkmateibeatu wrote:
sandstreampop wrote:

This is just the kind of Orwellian "doublespeak" you'd expect from checkmateibeatu. "Except when the king gets mated..." That's the point! White doesn't get mated when he plays 1.a4! Watch how quickly black gets mated when he's up against this powerful move:

As I said before, a4?? loses to exd1=Q.

LegoPirate
Vyomo wrote:

As for the ronster's line, here is what happens

Something to represent a4 lines:

bolshevikhellraiser

g4 is best by far followed by b4 this is hypermodern at its fullest attacking the center without occupying it

oinquarki
LegoPirate wrote: Something to represent a4 lines:

You have no right to use an image of Colbert in conjunction with your failure to understand humor; that's just freaking messed up.