Forums

Aggressive Response to 4...Nf6 in the Scotch

Sort:
Helzeth

I get the feeling that no matter how I argue or what I say I'm never going to convince this twerp that he really isnt in a position where he can refute openings..

Ben_Dubuque

here is why, white has nothing special either

that is again coming from a guy who only plays recreationaly, and plays ultra quickly, and on another site has a high 1400 rating.

Helzeth

....nb5.... your stupid rd8 loses material again.

You're not smart.

The_Gavinator

Played a senior at my high school twice in chess today. Two wins with the Parham, about 20 moves each.

The_Gavinator

?

The_Gavinator

But one is 3 moves in, one is 10. That's not a very fair comparison.

The_Gavinator

But why not have the first 3 moves go like this?

tigergutt
The_Gavinator wrote:

I've looked in databases about this move, and it seems that in the next few moves almost all players exchange the d4 knight for the c6 one. This leads to rather drawish play

i dont know why you feel its drawish. its incredible complicated where any mistake from white or black may cost them the game.here is a random game by kasparov-I.sokolov yerevan 1996

The_Gavinator

I'd rather have a chance of doing that then none at all. There are also tons of other trappy lines (that jetfighter so kindly pointed out in his "refutations").

The_Gavinator

I'd rather have a chance of that happening then none at all though. I don't expect it, but it's nice in the rare chance it happens.

The_Gavinator

I know, the Parham is about the winning position, but there are also many players who drop material early in the game. They didn't do that in the game you played, but the Parham still allowed you to get good position.

The_Gavinator

That's funny, because we already posted his name, he has been rated in the 1700's.

Ben_Dubuque

this is my last attempt, whatup, Though I do agre black screwed up, We dissagree on where, you say 1... e5,  I say its in the later stages of the opening.

just look at the parenthetical, I am not trying to refute the opening, just make it so that people relize that black has a decent to good position from it.

Helzeth

well of course black has a decent position, it's a stupid opening.

tigergutt

here is my thoughts on the game.

and in jetfighter13s diagram i found this comment

"And here MY opponent resigned, I will say, great job using YOUR very good middle game technique, and after you took advantage of your opponent's mistakes, you had an easy win."

whats up with this my and your? are some of you the same person?:p

Ben_Dubuque

no I just left his annotation.

CHCL

Can we please just keep the topic on the Scotch. If you want to keep talking about it then please start a new forum.

Ben_Dubuque

sure, I think the scotch is wierd, I prefer the KG, but then again I also like the Evan's gambit.

Ben_Dubuque

on what move

The_Gavinator

This forum topic has been locked