Forums

Defences to the Parham Attack

Sort:
gambiteer12
[COMMENT DELETED]
The_Gavinator

gambiteer, what's the post number?

Ben_Dubuque

actually it depends. as Castling can sometimes be a bad thing if an early endgame happens because the king is far from the action. plus it leads to a totaly different game when White Castles Queenside. because in my line the Queen has free reign where as in joey's line the queen is stuck to the d pawn.

gambiteer12

Trapper4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-t_Fe1TgJs

The_Gavinator

I agree, joey's line is much better, Qe7 doesn't do much.

Ben_Dubuque

I would dissagree mainly for the reason whatup gave. but also if white tries the Bxf7+ Kxf7 b4 trick you can play Qxb4 where as if you don't, then he gets a minor.

in my line white has a choice, loose the bishop or loose the queen.

The_Gavinator

Gambiteer, in your line, on post 27, move 9 wouldn't be 0-0, I'd do Bg5.

gambiteer12
jetfighter13 wrote:

I would dissagree mainly for the reason whatup gave. but also if white tries the Bxf7+ Kxf7 b4 trick you can play Qxb4 where as if you don't, then he gets a minor.

in my line white has a choice, loose the bishop or loose the queen.

I'll say it again Qe7 is suboptimal. 

Ben_Dubuque

so since 9. 0-0-0 doesn't work in my line. lets see a different move.

it looks like Black is dominating white in all the lines I just posted.

gambiteer12
The_Gavinator wrote:

Gambiteer, in your line, on post 27, move 9 wouldn't be 0-0, I'd do Bg5.

Ben_Dubuque

gambiteer. I ignored Bd5 for a reason

Ben_Dubuque

I want to try things out first. and when you tell me about something wrong I immediately improve it, and then since I posted my 8. c6 line you have yet to comment on how it is bad. and I have posted lines where Black is clearly winning. or is drawn at the very Least.

Ben_Dubuque

yes. Nc6 on move 2. ...d6 is silly

The_Gavinator

Jetfighter, I'm tired of making improvements on your stuff, your c6 line is the same as joey, but joey seems like a very good player, and he castles instead of using that useless Qe7.

Ben_Dubuque

Gavinator. Qe7 is not useless. it is just a different move. plus Kasparov used it albiet on move 3 but still The rook actually kind of belongs on h8 I think. and I would be a great player if I didn't blunder as much. thats why my rating is so low. I move too fast and don't always pay attention. if I could fix those two things and calculate out my lines. I would be an excelent player. around 16-1700

gambiteer12
jetfighter13 wrote:

gambiteer. I ignored Bd5 for a reason

Wrong again.  Bd5 is a an okay move.

The_Gavinator

Stop polluting this thread with your comment.

Helzeth
SeymourSchwartz wrote:

Trapper, you got to forgive Joey.  He been at this all day and he probably frustrated by now with all the BS.

It ain't his fault.  You can see from his analysis that he's a smart guy and knows how to play.  His problem is it gets hard when you honestly smart and you have to watch dumdums pretending they all smart.  Puttin on a little show like.

But smart people get caught up in this game all the time.  Don't know why.  Only way dumdums can make smart people look like dumdums.  Glad I ain't that smart.

Simple man like me just don't get caught in the BS.

You're smarter than you give yourself credit for. I give you the title ''Wise Russian man''. Wear it with pride.

The_Gavinator

Jetfighter, Kasparov used it in a completely different way.

Gambiteer, can you post an official line, you keep changing your lines.