The Opening I Invented

Unmaster

I think this is pretty fantastic.  

Feel free to use these ideas in your own games.

BulletMatetricks

U HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME BLACK JUST BLUNDERS THAT IS NOT AN OPENING IT IS CALLED A FAIL ATTEMPT at making an opening

BulletMatetricks

and u really want that named after you? the worst variation of the ruy lopez ever invented?

JEuphonium
RC-1140 wrote:

U HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME BLACK JUST BLUNDERS THAT IS NOT AN OPENING IT IS CALLED A FAIL ATTEMPT at making an opening

The Joke

____

Your head

Unmaster

The OP is a bit of a troll for sure.   And somewhat sick of these "Opening I Invented" threads which seem to be dominant for the last couple days.   

So I thought "If they can invent an opening with garbage moves, so can I."  It's only fair.  

Admit it though:   the position is +-  

CoenJones

I invented this one accidently, back when I sucked and thought it was great. Quite an interesting thread sprung up around it, one that you can find here: http://www.chess.com/forum/view/chess-openings/what-is-this-opening-called12?page=2

Unmaster
abeyer wrote:

You are a troll

Half troll, half clown, half rock star.   It's not an easy life but I walk that line.

Unmaster

That would be notated appropriately as the "haha" opening, Mark, and I think you should "invent" it.

macer75

"And here white is clearly better."

I would like to dispute that. In the opening you have demonstrated, black utilizes the common opening tactic of the queen sacrifice, in order to obtain a positional advantage. As you can see in the position after 4. Nxh4, black's knight is controlling two of the center squares, while white's knight is on the h file - and, as the saying goes, a knight on the rim is dim. Even though black is slightly behind in material, his positional advantage more than compensates for the loss of his queen. Remember, a piece is only useful when it is in the right position.

falcogrine

Yes, common opening sense says that black is far better.

Unmaster
macer75 wrote:

"And here white is clearly better."

I would like to dispute that. In the opening you have demonstrated, black utilizes the common opening tactic of the queen sacrifice, in order to obtain a positional advantage. As you can see in the position after 4. Nxh4, black's knight is controlling two of the center squares, while white's knight is on the h file - and, as the saying goes, a knight on the rim is dim. Even though black is slightly behind in material, his positional advantage more than compensates for the loss of his queen. Remember, a piece is only useful when it is in the right position.

It's this kind of insightful insight that I can't get too many other places.  Perhaps....perhaps played in reverse, white could get a positional advantage from an early queen sac??

falcogrine

You should call it the Queens Gambit.

DefinitelyNotGM
falcogrine wrote:

You should call it the Queens Gambit.

Don't you mean the Queen Gambit?

falcogrine

true that

rybka3dynamic

hey whenever my opponent plays Qh4!? i play the novelty Nxh4!!...........

very difficult to find unless u memorises this opening stuff....Tongue Out

Atomic_Rift
Unmaster wrote:

I think this is pretty fantastic.  

 

Feel free to use these ideas in your own games.

ElOjoDeHorus

Thank you! I used it in a few games and it was fantastic! You'll surely become a GM. Wink

Master_Po

This should be named 'The UN-Master's Gambit'

i will take notes and try to memorize this game.  

chessgdt

Shouldn't it be "invinted?"

macer75
rybka3dynamic wrote:

hey whenever my opponent plays Qh4!? i play the novelty Nxh4!!...........

very difficult to find unless u memorises this opening stuff....

I guess you didn't understand the point of the opening. Qh4 is the novelty.