Thoughts on this black opening?

Sort:
byungdeuk32

alpha_zer000

whats the move order ?

byungdeuk32

Not sure. I just wanted the thoughts on position

FizzyBand

This is bad. Very Bad. If the f pawn and Nf7 switched placed you’d have an acceptable Modern/Pirc though. No reason to weaken your position with f6 and misplace the knight (and spending two tempi to do it)

Strangemover

White can reach their position in only 5 moves e4 d4 Nf3 Nc3 Bd3, whereas black takes 7 moves to reach theirs d6 c6 g6 f6 Bg7 Nh6 Nf7. So add another 3 moves to the white position and then see what you think about blacks situation.

For example. It's too slow for black to indulge in this manoever f6-Nh6-Nf7. 

RivertonKnight

Really might depend on who's on move...considering the position was reached with some tempo wasting by White, although White still has more room to work with, but why would Black respond with such an abstract setup when White is inching his pawns forward or moving a piece back and forth? And why would White play do nothing chess when Black approaches the situation in such fashion? Both players are going for a position not found in databases? So slee32 what are your thoughts on the position? 

ThrillerFan
slee32 wrote:

Not sure. I just wanted the thoughts on position

This position would never happen!  Black's position requires 6 moves, White only 5.  On top of it, Black's position is utter crap!  Castle White's King and then say it is White to move and you have a position that could actually happen, and I'd take White a thousand times out of every hundred!