What is the best move after F4 in the bird's opening? (as white)

Ignarski
LionWillCrush wrote: What... that crap where they have sissy helmet and body armour... and strippers dancing about?!

Hate on football all you like, but I will brook no bashing of strippers dancing about.

DrSpudnik
Ignarski wrote:
LionWillCrush wrote: What... that crap where they have sissy helmet and body armour... and strippers dancing about?!

Hate on football all you like, but I will brook no bashing of strippers dancing about.

We need more stripper!

Chess_Is_Divine_555

?

KabilSharma

SNUDOO knows the birds opening really well. I've seen him play it quite often. I would recommend you learn from his games. 

Oliver_Prescott

e3!!!

Oliver_Prescott

if black prevents e4 with moves such as d5 or Nf6, e3 is best. If black plays something else such as Nc6 or d6, e3 is a good choice followed by Nf3, Bc4, and O-O.

Preusseagro

2.. e5! win for black

SNUDOO
Preusseagro wrote:

2.. e5! win for black

Win for white.  

i have to defend from the white side, whether I want to or not.

SNUDOO
KabilSharma wrote:

SNUDOO knows the birds opening really well. I've seen him play it quite often. I would recommend you learn from his games. 

Thanks!  I feel honored.

uptophigh

Stonewall

Preusseagro
uptophigh hat geschrieben:

Stonewall

na. If both players choses the same struckture, i name it middle tubee system it is vere drawish

 

A-mateur
Preusseagro a écrit :
uptophigh hat geschrieben:

Stonewall

na. If both players choses the same struckture, i name it middle tubee system it is vere drawish

 

1.f4 f5?! 2.e4!? fxe4 3.d3 : From's gambit reversed

SNUDOO
Preusseagro wrote:
uptophigh hat geschrieben:

Stonewall

na. If both players choses the same struckture, i name it middle tubee system it is vere drawish

 

unfortunately for you the reversed from's gambit. (swiss gambit) is almost a straight-up win for white.

 

pfren
SNUDOO έγραψε:

unfortunately for you the reversed from's gambit. (swiss gambit) is almost a straight-up win for white.

 

I am not sure whether White really has full compensation after 2.e4 fxe4 3.Nf3 Nf6

.................................

Amusingly, one of the hardest nuts to crack. I could not claim that 1.f4 is the best possible move, but 1...f5 surely is one of the best!

 

GM M. Marin, "Play the Leningrad Bird"

 

I suggest you go right now and educate this illiterate GM.

SNUDOO
pfren wrote:
SNUDOO έγραψε:

unfortunately for you the reversed from's gambit. (swiss gambit) is almost a straight-up win for white.

 

I am not sure whether White really has full compensation after 2.e4 fxe4 3.Nf3 Nf6

.................................

Amusingly, one of the hardest nuts to crack. I could not claim that 1.f4 is the best possible move, but 1...f5 surely is one of the best!

 

GM M. Marin, "Play the Leningrad Bird"

 

I suggest you go right now and educate this illiterate GM.

hmm, I've never seen 3...Nf6 before. yeah, it's probably best from me looking at it. I'd probably play the objectively incorrect but fun 3.g4

Preusseagro
SNUDOO hat geschrieben:
Preusseagro wrote:
uptophigh hat geschrieben:

Stonewall

na. If both players choses the same struckture, i name it middle tubee system it is vere drawish

 

unfortunately for you the reversed from's gambit. (swiss gambit) is almost a straight-up win for white.

 

i dont understand you. Saying 

this is fine for white but saying

is lost for black. 

 

Preusseagro
SNUDOO hat geschrieben:
Preusseagro wrote:
uptophigh hat geschrieben:

Stonewall

na. If both players choses the same struckture, i name it middle tubee system it is vere drawish

 

unfortunately for you the reversed from's gambit. (swiss gambit) is almost a straight-up win for white.

 

 

Preusseagro

But yes the f5 answer to f4 is very bad. Not because of your gambit  because of the bad symetry

Riverlandjack
Preusseagro schreef:

But yes the f5 answer to f4 is very bad. Not because of your gambit  because of the bad symetry

Bad symmetry after two moves?

Come on Preusseagro.A very bad joke.