Forums

What is the worst first move for White? The UNBIASED thread, all trolls welcome

Sort:
macer75
Haiku575 wrote:
CalistoLez wrote:

what is a "troll"?

(JBHMD)

Ah, good question! "Trolls" are actually two different kinds of people: the awesome kind, the ones that make a forum lively and entertaining via sarcasm and good humor, and then the kind of people that you'd rather kill than spend five minutes in the same room with them. Y'know, the kind of person who derails funerals for a living, etc. People heckling politicians during speeches are "trolls." Heck, politicians are "trolls" as well. Both kinds of trolls are common among forums, and (arguably) are necessary to a forum's survival.

On a side note, I tried to discover the meaning of (JBHMD)... Google tells me it stands for "Jake Brody Huffs Mad Dong," but perhaps my research did not uncover the correct translation? o_o 

Just came across this thread looking through random old threads, and saw your comment. I must say, that's one of the best explanations of the term I've ever seen!

Arthuian

Important to remember is the tempting but utterly devastating Ni0, developed by Chess Theorist and Anarchy Wingnut, Bob Dylan. It looks like a wholesome l. Kerouac-esque "On the Road" type deal when in reality, it's the South seceding from the Union, which is just awkward and from which, it may take centuries to recover.

lolurspammed

The same people that say d4 is abad opening are the same trolls who think the Queens Gambit is boring.

Arthuian

though given the hypermodernism integral to 21st Century Chess, perhaps Ni0 is playable. can I vote instead for 1. Chinese Fire Drill?!! As this throws away the initiative inherent to White just to play as black or even to watch on the sidelines