Forums

2100+ Blitz

Sort:
Pulpofeira

Mmm, I didn't know about CM. No NM's here though, but you can achieve it by reaching 2200, isn't it? The National in Norway seems to be a little tough these days...

adumbrate

Yeah, I can get CM by reaching 2200 I think

adumbrate

Holy crap, I am soon 2200 Surprised

New best rated win:

Note: Even though I lost the exchange I don't think I was worse, as I had a pawn for it in an endgame, which should be a draw..

adumbrate

New best again! Beat Board 1  For Mozambique.

seanysean2
skotheim2 wrote:

One of my most important goals has been reached. My next goal is 2200. When I reach 2200, do I expect my FIDE rating to be 2200+ aswell, meaning that I should get the title CM. As you learn a lot of ideas in your blitz games.

My lowest rating was just around 1030. And that was around October 2013, (which was my strength) and after that I started studying chess a little more seriously, meaning chess mentor and tactics, aswell as watching chess videos. Now in a years time, from 2014 I have improved from ~1500 to 2100 (+600) which is quite some improvement, and never have I ever used a chess book, neither have I had a coach.

Here are a game where I played the Reti and my opponent replied with a system that I just implemented against 1. d4 d6 2. c4 e5! 3. Nf3 e4! and then 4..f5 (for black)

Which ofcourse I had to play against him. However, later in the game I blundered and won on time. But the opening is what matters, because that is the main thing you can learn from blitz chess.

Congradulations! (your certaintly a chess.com master imho)

adumbrate

Thanks seany!

Another high rated player takedown:

adumbrate

2180!!! If I win 2 more games then I will be 2200!!!!!

Hipster-Chick

mum will be proud.

adumbrate
SuperMoverBros wrote:

How the heck did you improve so fast??? I've been stuck at 16-1700 for... Let's just say long time. I hit 1830, but I'm keeping it real here, I'm 1700/1750 average. Are you taking private lessons?

No private lessons. Only chess.com chess mentor / tactics / videos. CoolLaughing

Just beat a 2300 in a rated game! Luckily for me he played d4 which is reversed modern benoni so I got an early time advantage of almost a minute!

Iluvmarlies

great improvement! we can play some games anytime you want.

adumbrate

Cute queen trap!

adumbrate

Another queen trap!

seanysean2

love the queen trap, makes me wanna play blitz again!!

mcmodern

Reaching 2200 is not that big a deal, although it is good. Keeping it at 2200 is tricky part, if you can keep it at 2200 then I am sure you could reach 220 fide. Reaching 2200 just take a good winning streak (sometimes with lots of luck).

Atomic_Rift
mcmodern wrote:

Reaching 2200 is not that big a deal, although it is good. Keeping it at 2200 is tricky part, if you can keep it at 2200 then I am sure you could reach 220 fide. Reaching 2200 just take a good winning streak (sometimes with lots of luck).

Atomic_Rift

Although I do understand what you mean mcmodern. Wink