Forums

Aronian versus Kramnik

Sort:
trysts
chrisr2212 wrote:

Bit disappointed with that actually, Levon doesn't get much of a boner from playing chess then...

I'm not sure what you mean, but Aronian, like some other great chess players, has let his ego run amokLaughing

trysts

Well, Kasparov and Fischer have shared similar opinions. Perhaps in order to be so good at one thing as those people are and were, they concede their ignorance in other matters. I personally find that both genders insult one another for being of the opposing gender. Someone on the forums pointed me to this interview some time ago, when I was saying how much I liked Aronian. It's disappointing that Aronian feels this way, but many, many people feel this way, including women, so it's not surprising. I still want Aronian to win the match, and I still think Kasparov is the greatest chess player ever. But, I do feel that I can make fun of them as I wish, with no feelings of guilt in the matterLaughing

trysts

Laughing

fabelhaft

If people based their picks of favourite players on how nice they are Leko would have more fans than Fischer and Kasparov. Aronian is rarely particularly serious in his interviews but few chess players today are more exciting to follow so I'll support him against Kramnik. I also think he's the better player of the two nowadays, Kramnik has only done well against 2600s the last year while Aronian was more impressive than ever in Wijk.

jesterville

..well, what he said in the interview is not very logical is it? One would imagine that "so called" intelligent people will get it right...but they don't. Chess is so filled with ignorant egocentric a..holes, that it disappoints me. Anand is one of the few that I do respect. 

trysts

@ fabelhaft:  True. Last summer Svidler had an excellent run, and now Kramnik seems to be playing well, but through the last few years, two players have been consistently amazing: Aronian and Carlsen. For me, I was more surprised that Aronian didn't win the candidates matches, than I was that Gelfand did win.

trysts
jesterville wrote:

..well, what he said in the interview is not very logical is it? One would imagine that "so called" intelligent people will get it right...but they don't. Chess is so filled with ignorant egocentric a..holes, that it disappoints me. Anand is one of the few that I do respect. 

Yes, I gree that Anand seems like the most humble Chess Champion ever. A very attractive quality to me:)

trysts
ciljettu wrote:

Clearly you have a point but when people say "women are the better multi-taskers" or "women make better politicians because they have less testosterone" nobody seems to bat an eyelid.
The way I see it men and women do have some differences but when either starts being chauvinistic I just ignore them . I'm trying not to get bogged down on these things...

You having a positive comment on my views of gender is like a neo-nazi having a positive comment on my views of the Israeli government. Sickening.

AndyClifton

Besides which, he doesn't need Sassoon's validation either!

trysts

I'm so sad about Barcelona losingFrown

theoreticalboy

Eh, it's an easily-amendable first leg loss.  Chelsea are prety annoying, though.

trysts
theoreticalboy wrote:

Eh, it's an easily-amendable first leg loss.  Chelsea are prety annoying, though.

That Drogba guy was really annoying!Laughing

theoreticalboy

Oh god, search for Drogba - Lehmann on youtube; they've had some hilarious clashes in the past.

trysts

I just watched one. Drogba certainly seems ItalianWink

theoreticalboy

To be fair he's no worse than Busquets, whose personality is an embarrassment to his prodigious talent.

trysts
theoreticalboy wrote:

To be fair he's no worse than Busquets, whose personality is an embarrassment to his prodigious talent.

We must have been watching a different game, because Drogba fell down and writhed about at least 5 times, for not getting touchedLaughing

theoreticalboy

I wasn't watching, I was at work.  I'm basing this on prior knowledge of both players' jackassery.

trysts

Laughing

jesterville

At last the wait is over...the match starts tomorrow at 9am in Toronto...can hardly wait to see these two great players go at it...

trysts

One more sleep!Laughing