Who is your favorite Super GM and why?

chessmateto
@Athenathechesscub yes beliavsky is a great player and coach... although he isn’t considered a super gm he is as strong (and maybe even better than) as players like Hari Krishna, firoujza, etc
chessmateto
Khannate1 wrote:

not a super gm  just the god of chess ,,Tal

Tal is the best; my favorite player!

chessmateto
miscaM1 wrote:

I like Kasparov and Daniil Dubov. I like their style game. 

 

Kasparov is a chess veteran; literally  Dubov is lethal as well!

 

Khannate1

good to see the masters inspiring you chessmateto

acceptablecheddar

Hikaru Nakamura because he is Hikaru Nakamura

ViktorKorchnoiREBORN
chessmateto wrote:
@Athenathechesscub yes beliavsky is a great player and coach... although he isn’t considered a super gm he is as strong (and maybe even better than) as players like Hari Krishna, firoujza, etc

Beliavsky is a Legendary chess player and a Super GM. His peak rating is above 2700 and that's before factoring in inflation. And also, Harikrishna and Firouzja are both Super GMs.

 

 

 

redzippyquest

@chessmateto you have the same preferences as my coach, @tangytacos (both of you like tal)

Joseph_Truelsons_fan
acceptablecheddar wrote:

Hikaru Nakamura because he is Hikaru Nakamura

+1

MaxFlaggedYou

mikhal tal is a beast. it has to be him. 

chessmateto
MaxFlaggedYou wrote:

mikhal tal is a beast. it has to be him. 

correct

 

chessmateto
ViktorKorchnoiREBORN wrote:
chessmateto wrote:
@Athenathechesscub yes beliavsky is a great player and coach... although he isn’t considered a super gm he is as strong (and maybe even better than) as players like Hari Krishna, firoujza, etc

Beliavsky is a Legendary chess player and a Super GM. His peak rating is above 2700 and that's before factoring in inflation. And also, Harikrishna and Firouzja are both Super GMs.

 

 

 

yes; but he isnt as famous as Nepo or Karjakin, although he deserves to be

redzippyquest

naka #1 cus he funny and good at blitz

IvanovitchCM88
JoeLovesCoco escribió:

probably Vassily Ivanchuk because i find all of his games fun and interesting, though i'm not sure if hes a super GM

He was.

JoeLovesCoco
IvanovitchCM88 wrote:
JoeLovesCoco escribió:

probably Vassily Ivanchuk because i find all of his games fun and interesting, though i'm not sure if hes a super GM

He was.

i know hes in the top 50 chess players and reached no.2 in his time but i wasnt sure if he still was.

thanks for replying.

dannyhume
What is the definition of a super-GM nowadays?
IvanovitchCM88
JoeLovesCoco escribió:
IvanovitchCM88 wrote:
JoeLovesCoco escribió:

probably Vassily Ivanchuk because i find all of his games fun and interesting, though i'm not sure if hes a super GM

He was.

i know hes in the top 50 chess players and reached no.2 in his time but i wasnt sure if he still was.

thanks for replying.

 

I meant he was because he's actually retires from competitive chess,.like Kramnik was a super GM and Kaspárov was a super GM. 

 

IvanovitchCM88
dannyhume escribió:
What is the definition of a super-GM nowadays?

+2700 GMs

ArgoNavis

My favourite Super GM is Panko Smoobachuk, because of his courage and will to play despite all the misfortunes he has suffered.

rpnavneet

Mikhail Botvinnk

JoeLovesCoco
IvanovitchCM88 wrote:
JoeLovesCoco escribió:
IvanovitchCM88 wrote:
JoeLovesCoco escribió:

probably Vassily Ivanchuk because i find all of his games fun and interesting, though i'm not sure if hes a super GM

He was.

i know hes in the top 50 chess players and reached no.2 in his time but i wasnt sure if he still was.

thanks for replying.

 

I meant he was because he's actually retires from competitive chess,.like Kramnik was a super GM and Kaspárov was a super GM. 

 

has he? didnt know that. i was thinking of going to gibralter for the tournament because hes usually there