Forums

4 player chess.

Sort:
konev13

Chess.com really needs this, they could also get more prenium members by only offering it to paid players

Chessman265

Four player chess? That would make an interesting tournament, round robin teams.

iSwagosaurus

love four man

yea they should add it

it would make me happy

Ace569er

I love 4-way chess. Pathguy is the only one online I have ever seen. Yet has no online match making. I have spent endless hours searching the web, last year. So that tournament sounds interesting. Because I would want online match making for it.
I'll ask HGMuller if this can be played, using winboard. That is how he helped me make my variant for online play.

http://www.chess.com/forum/view/chess960-chess-variants/new-chess-variant-looking-for-players-to-play-with

The only thing it would most likely have to be teams. Because I think Winboard could only do white and black. Not four. Plus if extra kings are added. They don't check. So it would need to be self inforced.

Cornethius

Just wanted to let you know about this 4 player chess app on android play store that just came out. It's a buck but pretty practical when you are on the go for some quick games with different difficulty levels. Has A.I. incorporated so you can play again the computer. 

The format is nothing as intense as Ace569er though, just an extension of each side of the board to home the pieces. 

I like how you can play alone or with any number of friends, nothing like that tournament tough that's for sure but definitely a lot of fun. Anyways worth it to check out

battleMind24
[COMMENT DELETED]
IvanKosintsev

The best four-player chess is a classical (accelerated) chess: first (third) player "Captain" plays by pieces of K side, second (fourth) "Assistant"- Q side, whites are doing two moves then blacks are doing two moves and so on..

Any collusion isn't allowed.

P.S. The tennis variation is also possible.

IvanKosintsev

1. e2-e4

reflame

Hi,

I am enthusiasted, 4chess is an interesting challenge. Thank you!

I have 2 proposals:

I think the initial window with rules (shown before the game, asking for feedback) should contain a link to WHERE to send feedback.

The application (as it seems to me) does not allow skipping a "void" space - such as Knight b11-d12. (Yes, I know, it is an experimental prototype.)

Reflame

reflame

I also think that Fischer timing would be far more suitable for 4-chess than current timing, because it would greatly increase the ratio between the time for game and the effective usage of the time by player. "Fischer" means that _unspent_ "seconds per move" will be added to the "time to timeout". I love Fischer timing at http://online-go.com .

In other words: In 4chess, if the time per turn was reduced by (say) 30% , but the unspent seconds were added to the player's clock (while now they are lost), then the games would IMHO not last longer than they do now, but the players could make obvious moves quickly and then think longer in the difficult positions.

I think it would be better and it would the remove the current pressure "I MUST NOT exceed my time for move, or else precious seconds on my 'clock till timeout' will be inevitably lost!".

Now the game has two timers (per turn and per game); I actually propose a simple check clock per player; the clock would be increased by several seconds after each turn completed by this player.

Reflame

Cornethius

Hi

The App I was mentioning is created by Jo Games,

are we talking about the same one?

It is no longer 1$, a bit more expensive now

reflame

I'm talking about https://www.chess.com/4-player-chess . Reflame