Forums

Bulldog Chess with Witch- HorribleTomato v. JohnHS

Sort:
HorribleTomato
  • null

This is a game of bulldog with witch between @HorribleTomato (White) and @JohnHS (black)

Game rules:
    Board: 10 x 8 (see image below).
    The pieces:
    Guard (G) - Moves and captures like a king.

null

Witch (W) - The witch is transparent to friendly pieces, and she also makes all adjacent pieces (friend and foe) transparent to friendly pieces (but pieces are not transparent for the witch). The witch does not capture other pieces, but she can be captured. Although pieces are not transparent to the witch, she is very agile; she combines the movement of queen, knight, and can jump orthogonally and diagonally two squares. Transparency of a piece means that other pieces can move, attack, and capture right through the piece.

null

Board Setup:

null

Note the position of Black's king and queen are switched compared to classical chess. This is so the guard and witch are equal distance to each player's king and queen.

Castling:
    The rules of castling are similar as in classical chess, however, with the board 10 squares wide, the king travels three squares rather than two. The rook finishes adjacent to the king. All squares between the king and the involved rook must be unoccupied, with the exception of the witch and pieces made transparent by the witch.

Misc: Pawns play the same as in classical chess. Pawns can promote to queen, rook, bishop, knight in addition to guard and witch. Promotions are unlimited (not restricted to pieces that have been captured).

Other rules of this game are identical with rules of classical chess.

I play white.  Good luck

HorribleTomato

d4, not f4, as we saw in the previous match.

HorribleTomato

null

HorribleTomato
[COMMENT DELETED]
JohnHS

1. ... f5

HorribleTomato

null

JohnHS

g5

HorribleTomato

Wd2

JohnHS

3. ... Nd6

HorribleTomato

Stop fighting for the center. Tis is useless. h3.

null

JohnHS

Nf6

HorribleTomato

null

null

JohnHS

Ng6.  grin.png

HorribleTomato

Bi3

null

athlblue

what's next?

athlblue

I say h6

HorribleTomato
Steve111111111 wrote:

I say h6

DELETE THAT!!! QUICK! NO HELPS!!!

JohnHS

h6.  Duh.  (I would play that anyway).  But don't comment moves, or you'll get blocked by the thread creator.  

HorribleTomato

Uh oh. I deleted the bishops accidentally. Bh5

HorribleTomato

null