Forums

Chess 960 Ratings

Sort:
eddiewsox

When you play a Chess 960 game your Chess 960 rating goes up or down depending on the Standard rating of the two players, not the 960 rating. I don't see  why this is so. Also, I tried to challenge a player to a 960 game but it was blocked because he didn't accept challenges from players below 1500; my 960 rating is below 1500, but my Standard rating is above 1700, this is inconsistent.  

rooperi

I dont think this is so, I get large changes still. I lost my 1st two games and dropped over 100 points...

eddiewsox

Because at the start of the game it gives you the three possible point outcomes (W,L,D) of the match and afterwards the ratings are adjusted accordingly.

eddiewsox
rooperi wrote:

I dont think this is so, I get large changes still. I lost my 1st two games and dropped over 100 points...

Well, this is what I expected, but it hasn't been happeing in my case. It happened the first few games, but not afteward.

eddiewsox

Yes, I understand that, and that is what I'm talking about, I have 45 960 games played and over 2,000 Standard games played but it is the latter that is being applied. 

aansel

I think the 960 ratings delta's are based on the opponents 960 ratings or at least that is how my ratings seem to be calculated

kunduk

i think it is not the actual case.. i mean chess960 perhaps has its own rating system.

checkmayte

Hi Eddie,  I have only played 2 so far, Lost the first one.  My 2nd I won due to a resignation, however I got no credit for that game.  I show as only have played 1 game.   Sorry I can't offer any help w/ your question.  See ya.; Glenn