Correspondence Chess Rules for Variant-Chess

Martin0

It's a bit bothersome, but if you look at the page without being logged in, then you can see the time without getting those options. I open an incognito window.

captaintugwash

Ah I see. I'm permanently logged in.

bessubik

Martin0
vickalan wrote:

<Addendum - effective for games starting August 7, 2019 and later>

The following revisions were agreed in the bulldog club (here).

15 (revised). Vacation time: Each player may once per 40 moves take vacation time. Vacation allows a player 14 extra days to play a move (added to the 3-day move limit, for a total of 17 days for a move). The player must announce it before using the extra time. Every 40 moves, vacation time is "refreshed". Vacation days cannot be banked.

18. Time control limit (addendum to #14). A maximum of three time-warnings are allowed per player every 40 moves. The fourth time-warning is a loss. Every 40 moves the limit is refreshed.

All games that started before August 7 are completed, so this can can be added to the main text instead of being an addendum.

vickalan

Thanks Martin0 for keeping track of this. I'll update the text tomorrow. I want to do it carefully to make sure it's done correctly.

vickalan

I removed the "Addendum" so all rules are now in a single body. I also added section headings:

(1) General, (2) Time control..., (3) Non-players...

For historical posterity, the former rules were as follows (games that started prior to August 7, 2019):

14. Time control formerly did not include: "A maximum of three time-warnings are allowed per player every 40 moves. The fourth time-warning is a loss. Every 40 moves the limit is refreshed."

Also, vacation time has been increased from 4 to 14 days. The following is now obsolete:

15. Vacation time: Each player may once per 40 moves, take four vacation days (added to the 3-day move limit, for a total of 7 days for a move). ...

Thanks for everyone's input in developing and updating the rules list.