Forums

Event Chess Game (pjfoster1313 - hitthepin)

Sort:
pjfoster1313

8. exd4

hitthepin
Start event
pjfoster1313

@martin0

hitthepin
I PMed him.
Martin0

I will start it later today (which I guess is sometime tomorrow for you Americans).

Martin0

Event #8 Move Forward!

Pieces can only move a maximum of 1 square backwards.

Example 1:

null

White can not move his bishop to either a2, e2 or f1 since he can only move a maximum of 1 square backwards. Similarly blacks bishop can not go to b8, c7, d6 or h6.

Example 2:

null

Similar to the first example, whites rook can not go to either c2 or c1. Blacks rook can not go to f7 or f8.

Example 3:

null

Whites knight can not go to b1 or d1. Blacks knight can not go to e8 or g8.

pjfoster1313

@martin0 Can you pls clarify how Move Forward and Tanks works for the Rooks. Does one supercede the other

hitthepin

Martin0

Both Tanks and Move Forward applies to the rook. If the rook captures something and want to continue moving in the same direction it may still not land on a square that is more than 1 square backwards.

Naturally since the rook can only move 1 square backwards it will not be able to keep moving backwards if it captured something after moving back 1 square.

Martin0

The move forward event applies to all pieces regardless how they move. Kings and pawns just happens to not be affected by it (although in some cases they could be affected if the other event change their movement).

I didn't put an example with the queens, but they are also affected the same way.

hitthepin
8... Bb4
hitthepin
Two days, pjfoster.
pjfoster1313

Sorry hit, I needed clarification but I couldn't do diagrams from my phone

@martin0- For rooks, 

In this position, is Re5 the only permissible move or is Rxe4 permitted? If yes, is Rxe3 Rxe2 and Rxe1 also permitted due to Tanks?

In this position, is Rxe5 the only allowable move or is Rxe4 Rxe3 Rxe2 and Rxe1 all permitted

Martin0

In the first position Re5 is permitted, but not Rxe4.

In the second position Rxe5 is permitted, but not Rxe4.

The rooks can't move more than 1 space backwards regardless how it moves.

pjfoster1313

Ty.

9. O-O

hitthepin
9... 0-0
pjfoster1313

10. Bg5

hitthepin
10... Be6
pjfoster1313

11. Ne5

hitthepin