Forums

Making Variant Chatrooms Better

Sort:
DuckDuckChess6

In my opinion, variant chatrooms are waaaay better than regular chatrooms because the regular ones normally talk about regular chess. Now, I love regular chess, but what about the variants? Are those chatrooms big enough to start a discussion? I have been loving 4 player chess lately, and I think that its spectator chatrooms have lots of potential. I want to see some of my fellow members start a big conversation that I could join in. Can some of us please make these 4 player chess chatrooms a big social area? That would be great.

If you don't agree with what I'm saying, feel free to tell me.

vickalan

What's the time control options for 4-player chess, and is there already a chat room for it?

I might try a game next time I have some extra time.happy.png

greypenguin

Th time control is 1 min/5 min sad.pngsad.png

DuckDuckChess6

Actually, it's 1 min with 15 sec delay. That means that you have 15 seconds to make a move before the actual clock starts ticking.

vickalan

Ok, I played a game and it is fun. I was surprised that games count for player's ratings. On chess.com I thought that only normal chess games are used for ratings.

I bet there are players who can get really good at that variant, and get lots of points for playing games.happy.png

DuckDuckChess6

I think that 4 player only affects your 4 player ratinghappy.png

stpwanttoimprove
How do I get into this variant chat room stpwanttoimprove
stpwanttoimprove
When I was in college my friends had a variation of chess. Black would have all 16 pieces . Whit would would have 5 pawns and the king. Guess what in this version believe it or not white has the advantage. The catch is that for each move black moves white mov s twice and whit could move into check and then out of it. Black has twenty moves to mate white. This is very difficult.I also had this chess set that the pieces were shaped like wine glasses. When you captured it you drank the piece. It made chess extremely interesting. stpwanttoimprove