Forums

Old Dog tournament!

Sort:
JohnHS
evert823 wrote:
JohnHS wrote:

This tournament is Witch and Guard.

I was browsing through this topic and seeing people discuss which pieces to use and then indeed preferring Witch and Guard

Back on page 4, I (the tournament director), said "Preferred game is witch, but only old (6+ months old) pieces like witches, bulldogs, angels, etc. should be used."

So if you really want to use an angel and dwarf, or something, that's fine, but W+G is preferred.

evert823
rychessmaster1 wrote:
Semi finals
TGA vs Evert
Sam vs HORUS

From this I understand that I play Black?

hitthepin

Where is the bracket for this?

JohnHS

I asked vick to make on a long time ago, but I don't know if he ever got around to it ...

I don't really have time to make it atm.  In fact, I barely have any time for Bulldog anymore.  I may have to leave sometime soon.

evert823

In which round are we? I am still playing thegreatauk and hoping for a draw.

JohnHS

I don't know what happening here.  And I have no bracket.  So ... when one of the games is finished, I'll take the time to go back through, make a bracket, and figure out where we are.

evert823

Thanks and much appreciated JohnHS

evert823

I lost against thegreatauk.

JohnHS

Ok.  I'll get a bracket done on Thursday.

JohnHS

Martin0

@SuperSam1 won against @HorusTheThird

thegreatauk

Anything happening here?

thegreatauk
thegreatauk wrote:

Anything happening here?

Just asking again as I think we should finish.

Martin0

Since @SuperSam1 is back, I guess the final could be played if there is interest.

thegreatauk

I would play.

SuperSam1

Sure. I would play as well.

Martin0

Great!

I'm going to assume @SuperSam1 should have white, since otherwise he would have 3 black games in a row (something you typically try to avoid in tournaments).

Game is here:

https://www.chess.com/clubs/forum/view/old-dog-tournament-final-supersam1-thegreatauk

thegreatauk

Thanks a lot

Martin0

@thegreatauk won the final!

evert823

More than 2 years  happy.png