Forums

Why can't I play 960? Staff...?

Sort:
Sangwin

I have tried to enter a 960 game from open seeks.  I get a "rating not high enough msg."  I see many lower rated players play it and I am a premium member.  Any help appreciated and whats this about castleing??

kohai

Is it just on accepting? I've just done a quick test on yours, you are able to send direct 960 challenges.

Sangwin

I don't even see it as an option, where would I find 960 as an option to challenge, so yes it is on accepting, your help is appreciated

kohai

Go into your online games page, then Start New Game option on the right side

Choose "Options I Select"

Then change the drop down box showing Standard Chess to Chess960

Azukikuru

I remember that the same thing happened to me. I couldn't get started playing 960 games because my rating "wasn't high enough" (even though it was). I resolved the issue by entering a tournament, and after my first game was completed, I was able to accept open challenges.

Sangwin

clearly it is not working for me as the board arrange white with the perfectly normal b3 pawn, however the bishop on a1 and extra knight on f3 were a bit unnerving.  No wonder Fisher won so much, he was cheating!

formerstaff
Sangwin wrote:

I have tried to enter a 960 game from open seeks.  I get a "rating not high enough msg."  I see many lower rated players play it and I am a premium member.

Please try now - I have (hopefully) corrected the bug that was causing this issue.

NinjaBear

What about live chess960?