Forums

Can't Find Something in the New Design? Ask Here!

Sort:
DeepGreene
knightspawn5 wrote:

Does it include the Friends issue???

On the way is a new privacy setting to control who can see your friends: everyone, no-one, or just your friends.

knightspawn5

Great, but will we be able to see all who are online at the same time as we are, and be able to see all team members who are online. Like in the old format?  I keep getting 12 new faces every few minutes and some are online and some are not but I see them anyway.  

addisondog
erik wrote:
yoyo wrote:

Does that include the live tourney page we've been waiting on for four months?

nope! :)

I'm sure that was a typo for "nope!  :("

I love chess.com but I miss it, too!

Taxi

Deep green. Eric. A nd Babs, thank you all for your reply, most helpful.

Thank you

uarentme

why bother 'they dont answer anyway

chess_kebabs
uarentme wrote:

why bother 'they dont answer anyway

Did you send in a ticket and never got a reply/answer?

I've never had that problem.. granted some tickets took longer than others to answer... but eventually all were answered.. 

DrPhil

OK, the link to the chess.com email under 'home' is gone. Things are slowly improving, but this is quite annoying.

netzach

The problem with the analysis-board failing to display properly (VC-games) is now resolved/fixed.

ChristDied4U
Po218 wrote:

I too old to learn new formats.  

Yeah, it's ok.

rigamagician

How do I find which page a post I made is on in a very long thread (such as this one)?

rigamagician
rigamagician wrote:

How can I create solid cell borders in tables?

Answering my own question, it appears that you have to use Cascading Style Sheets.  The new interface no longer supports the border="1" HTML attribute.

RumbleTumble
rigamagician wrote:

How do I find which page a post I made is on in a very long thread (such as this one)?

You just have to scroll through the numbers or click Next till you find it, only way I know of.

chess_kebabs

This has probably already been reported, but just in case it hasn't I will report it here. The images library isn't working. The option doesn't come up to grab a pic from the library when trying to insert an image into a message or post, have to grab it off the hard drive. Can manage with it but the library was very handy. 

rigamagician
RumbleTumble wrote:
rigamagician wrote:

You just have to scroll through the numbers or click Next till you find it, only way I know of.

Some forums have a "search within thread" function or an advanced search screen where you can search by post and author.

knightspawn5
chess_kebabs wrote:

This has probably already been reported, but just in case it hasn't I will report it here. The images library isn't working. The option doesn't come up to grab a pic from the library when trying to insert an image into a message or post, have to grab it off the hard drive. Can manage with it but the library was very handy. 

Babs, where is this library at?

chess_kebabs
knightspawn5 wrote:
chess_kebabs wrote:

It normally comes up when we click on the little tree icon you see here in the comments box Terry. We used to have a choice of getting a graphic we want to insert from our hard drive or from a library of images that we have uploaded images in the past to.  I can only see the option to get off the hard drive. 

knightspawn5
chess_kebabs wrote:
knightspawn5 wrote:
chess_kebabs wrote:

It normally comes up when we click on the little tree icon you see here in the comments box Terry. We used to have a choice of getting a graphic we want to insert from our hard drive or from a library of images that we have uploaded images in the past to.  I can only see the option to get off the hard drive. 

I used that function just an hour ago and pulled a image off my desktop that I saved from a site....I inserted and centered it before inserting it on one of my sites in a forum post.  Wonder why yours isn't working.  I didn't know it was even called a library..... 

chess_kebabs

Terry, you're not listening to what I'm saying :)

YES, I can do that too, can grab images off my desktop.. but the images library itself has vanished.. the chess.com library that we are able to create within chess.com through uploading and storing images here.. option to retrieve images from there is gone.

knightspawn5

Ahhh, now I undersatnd.  Wonder if it wasnt part of this new beta system change.  A few things have vanished....  I never use it much babs.  I am unfamilar with how it worked or what it had in it...

chess_kebabs

Not sure Terry if it's a deliberate omission of a feature previously provided on old site or an oversight to re-include, or a bug.