Sort:
DrSpudnik

The tragedy! Cry

lessthan10

Maybe something like "Inactive chess?"

motherinlaw
TheBigDecline wrote:
DrSpudnik wrote:

In nearly two years, there is only one positive development: chesskerblabs has stopped posting. Otherwise, the thread is a total waste.

Seems like it! :(

All these points accumulated by all the people who posted here ... wasted!

OK, guys ... Please don't make me start thinking about the 100's (1000's?) of hours I've "wasted" on this site!  "That way lies Madness!" Surprised

DrSpudnik

The way won't be lonely.

TheBigDecline

A way paved with good intentions, for sure ...

DrSpudnik

...and empty beer bottles.

Somebodysson

oh I'm so sorry to hear that people have spent 100s of hours on this topic!! that's terrible!! and I'm not being sarcastic. To think that I catalyzed such regrets after spending all of thirty seconds on it!!

Ubik42
Somebodysson wrote:
erik wrote:

my vote is "Daily Chess". because you play with "day" time controls. second would be "Slow Chess" :)

nope. 'slow chess' is no good; its all relative, and the DHLC has slow chess with 45/45 and 90/30 time controls. 'Turn-based' is terrible, probably the worst. All chess is 'turn-based'.  'Daily chess' is misleading. You can play cc chess with ten or more moves in one day if you're both on your puter a lot that day.  And then go for a day or two with no moves at all. I like 'cChess' (best), cc, or 'eChess'. 

I dont know who DHLC is, but I dont see what their having a name for slow chess has to do with anything.

As to the term Daily chess, I like that too. Your argument against it doesnt sound as convincing if you also use to to complain about 10 minute chess, because after all, a 10 minute chess game could last 5 minutes (or 20 for that matter). But we all know what 10 minute chess means. I think "Daily Chess" would not confuse anyone at all.

Somebodysson

Dan Heisman Learning Center, here on chess.com

netzach

Never heard of him...

motherinlaw
Somebodysson wrote:

oh I'm so sorry to hear that people have spent 100s of hours on this topic!! that's terrible!! and I'm not being sarcastic. To think that I catalyzed such regrets after spending all of thirty seconds on it!!

My comment was about hundreds of hours on this Chess site, not this Forum topic!  That would have been Truly loony!  I realized people might have trouble with my suggestion that any or all the time we spend on "online chess" could be considered "wasted" time.  Please excuse the heresy ...Foot in Mouth ... Hey!  I finally found a reason to use that dumb "foot in mouth" emoticon!  Yay! ;-D

winerkleiner

Call online chess: Erik's Little Heros

DelayedResponse

Yup, same-old, old-school, correspondence chess.

Ziryab

Correspondence chess has been played via smoke signal, letters carried via horseback, telegraph, airmail, email, and website interface. Not much has changed in the game except for enhancing the power of the queen and clerics, and letting the farmers get an extra step when starting out.

winerkleiner

"Happy New Generation Chess"!

TaiKwanCheck

correspondence chess

winerkleiner

We can't argue with repetition.

DrSpudnik

Yes, you can!

TheGrobe

No you can't.

kco

Maybe ?