Forums

Fast Improvement Methods ! ger from 1200 to 2200 in 6 Months

Sort:
DivineDestruction

Yuri was a legend.The guy was everywhere lol.

SHWETA_BENIWAL
DivineDestruction wrote:

Yuri was a legend.The guy was everywhere lol.

lol :P

dpnorman

^1200 to 2200 in six months is bullshit, yes, but kids can certainly do it in less than four years. Hell, I'm on the clock for this. I went from 1000 to 1800 in one year, and while I was plateauing a bit for a year or so I'm now nearly at 1900 OTB, so with any luck I could be able to make it in the next five years or so (maybe a bit more, but hey, you never know). And nothing about me is "extremely gifted", except maybe my memory, which is not that useful in chess considering I don't play many theory-heavy variations. 

Then again, I might just plateau again at 2000 or something for a year (or more). It's a painful process.

GoodSquare

Chess is about memory! Memory in chess is not about remember long variations only, it's about remember pattern recognition.

The more patterns you remember, from the opening until the ending, the better player you will become.

What is left? Perhaps the natural talent to understand patterns before you spot it but I don't know if that is natural or supernatural. Let's ask Magnus.

kco

.....games everyday before going to bed.

that is a bad idea. When go you go to bed you will forget everything.

dpnorman

^Reviewing stuff right before going to bed is a good idea. It sticks well. If I'm about to have a big test the next day, I certainly will do some review just before turning out the light.

But playing chess? Don't know about that, since if you're tired, your results are likely going to be quite bad. 

SHWETA_BENIWAL

Read my methods and play, play, practice, learn then play again..You can't learn without playing. It's stupid!

FRENCHBASHER

interesting thread friend OP. it seems dedicated to bullet.

i'm 64 and too old for bullet, because heart is not enough solid now. i'm a patzer, i lost 100 points very quickly on games correspondance , mainly 3 days base.

May be u know how i coud get a better rating than 1330?

ty have a nice day. PUNJAB is fascinating , I mean it. i discovered it on your cc profile, great site.

Hope i was decipherable. bonne journée.