Forums

is reaching 1000 rating good!?(i only just joined lol)

Sort:
sczyn
so i just joined this month and i successfully reached 1000 rapid rating,is it a good progress or its only normal?
Avii0034

Good progress for sure 1000 rated players know more than how the pieces move, you have reached a checkpoint where you know concepts of chess, detailed knowledge of what will take you to 1400-1500

sczyn

ooooOooh im getting pumped up

Woollensock2
Keep up the good 👍😎
Chef-KOdAwAri
Well.. the conditional starting rating after playing the required amount of rated games is 1200… so….. lol
Laskersnephew

I'm sure it's fine--and welcome to chess! But I wouldn't worry about your rating at this point. Your objective is to become a better player, and to do that you will have to play more games against better players. You will lose quite a few of those games, but if you learn from your losses, you will become a much stronger player. Over time, your rating will reflect your strength. It's your ability that will determine your rating, not the other away around.

zone_chess

If you're a month in from knowing chess involves white vs. black to a 1,000 rating, that's a sign of decent intelligence I'd say.

IHaveTHEChessSkill

That's really good if you can maintain the progress.

ChessSBM

Yeah good job. 

sczyn
Jai4chess wrote:
Lenudan wrote:
Well.. the conditional starting rating after playing the required amount of rated games is 1200… so….. lol

For some people it is 200, 800, 1200, or 2000

yup i started 800 hehe

ChessSBM

Your goal for now is 1100

sczyn
ChessSBM wrote:

yes sir,but think i need to make my blitz 900 now tho

ChessSBM
sczyn wrote:
ChessSBM wrote:

Oh yeah your blitz is poor I guess.

eric0022
sczyn wrote:
ChessSBM wrote:

It's going to be quite a mountain to climb from 500+ for blitz. 1100 first in rapid would probably be easier to achieve than 900 in blitz in your case.

sczyn
eric0022 wrote:
sczyn wrote:
ChessSBM wrote:

It's going to be quite a mountain to climb from 500+ for blitz. 1100 first in rapid would probably be easier to achieve than 900 in blitz in your case.

Okay sir thanks

ELVITOTO

Yes, it is! Kind of impressive IMO. 

Cassy0110

How much of rating is the best nubmer? I just didn't understand

M1m1c15
I wouldn’t say it’s good, but not really bad
NMRhino
I think it’s decent for only 1 month. But I recommend only playing rapid games and no quick blitz or bullet games because you will pick up bad habits and won’t improve.
darkunorthodox88

in chess you only a person when you reach 1800, lower than that you are called a scrub as is your sacred duty to scrub the temple floors that the experts and above walk on. 1800's are hall monitors, and those below 1200 must use their toothbrush for the scrubbing. We masters must also laugh haughtily like japanese royalty in animes whenever we pass scrubs on the temple halls.

Sorry , but i dont make the rules. Happy scrubbing!