Forums

Is there a way to see if you've ever played a brilliant move?

Sort:
Forbinator97

Not sure if this is the right forum category, but I was curious if I ever played a move rated as "brilliant" by the chess analysis. Anyone know of a way to search your games for such a move?

Ethan_K1

After You finish a game, click on game report on the popup that comes. wait for it to fully analyse. It will show best moves, blunders, mistakes, and brilliant moves

Forbinator97

Hi Ethan, thank you for the reply! I'm wondering if there is a way to search all of my games at once, not just one particular game at a time.

Ethan_K1

Its not possible as far as I know. It would require the severs to do a game report for all your games just to find one specific brilliant move

 

danielaKay

You can download a PGN with all your games and search for the "brilliant move" notation (!!, if I recall correctly) in that file.

The PGN file contains ASCII text and can be opened with any text editor.

Moonwarrior_1

Not sure

Forbinator97
danielaKay wrote:

You can download a PGN with all your games and search for the "brilliant move" notation (!!, if I recall correctly) in that file.

The PGN file contains ASCII text and can be opened with any text editor.

That'd be great! Do you know how I download the games as a PNG?

danielaKay

So, go to your games archive. Here's mine: https://www.chess.com/games/archive/danielakay 

On the right-most edge of the gray table header, click the checkbox to select all games. Now all the checkboxes on the right side of the game entries should be selected. 

There's a download icon slightly above the checkbox you just clicked (the one with the arrow). If you click that, it will download the PGN file with all selected games.

Martin_Stahl

The downloading of games from the Archive does not include the annotations from analyzed games.

Marcus_Suria

there's a new feature, called insights. There you can see how many brilliant moves you have ever made.

QuickV
Marcus_Suria wrote:

there's a new feature, called insights. There you can see how many brilliant moves you have ever made.

 

Sadly it's only usable by diamond sad.png

Big_snipezz99

is there a way to find the actual moves with insights?

coffeenema
Big_snipezz99 wrote:

is there a way to find the actual moves with insights?

did u figure it out i have a brilliant move in bullet and i really want to see it.

Marcus_Suria

oh that i don't know :/

Martin_Stahl
Sudowo wrote:
coffeenema wrote:
Big_snipezz99 wrote:

is there a way to find the actual moves with insights?

did u figure it out i have a brilliant move in bullet and i really want to see it.

me too, i had a bunch of brilliant moves in rapid and 1 in bullet, i tried searching for games by date then looking in each game but i couldnt find the games with brilliant moves. when i tried searching for the game with a brilliant move in bullet, i didnt even have any games played on the date that it said

 

btw i found where the dates for the brilliant moves were by going to move quality over time and deselecting all except for brilliant moves.

 

To find the brilliant, you would need to make sure you have all those games analyzed in your archive too and if they aren't the same depth as Insights runs at, then it may not find the same brilliants.


Thanks to your post, I learned something new. I didn't realize you could toggle the move classifications on that chart. Cool feature.

Blackhole_Chess
Forbinator97 wrote:

Not sure if this is the right forum category, but I was curious if I ever played a move rated as "brilliant" by the chess analysis. Anyone know of a way to search your games for such a move?

You have to be diamond first, then check in the insights

JAYDENTHEKNIGHT99
Blackhole_Chess wrote:

You have to be diamond first, then check in the insights

 

I had 6 brilliant moves but I can’t find them in my archive games, how do I find a particular game that I had a brilliant move faster. It would take me ages to find each game for just a brilliant move.

 

JAYDENTHEKNIGHT99

Ok I just saw 1 game that I have a brilliant move. I have a technique to see we’re your game has a brilliant move, go to insights then go to move quality OVER TIME there you can see the move quality’s you did every day. It’s the only fastest way. This only works if you have diamond membership to unlock insights.

God_Gangster

Chess Insights.....in a side when you check all your games it shows number of BRILLIANT MOVES overall....

ForkMaster0

I can see you are a Diamond Member so go to Insights and scroll to about here:

At the beginning, you can see the type, then percent and last number.

This is mine.