Forums

Kicked from live chess...

Sort:
whiskeyfish

I got kicked from live chess for swearing. I was not swearing at my opponent, but rather out of frustration, i.e. "I keep f*#@ing up". I am wondering how long the ban is for? It would break my heart if such a simple mistake would make me ineligible to play live for all eternity!Or until I made another account.

Cheers,

Whiskey

PrawnEatsPrawn

Making another account won't work, they've got your number. The approved method of contrition is to have your mother send a letter, stating that she's washed your mouth out with carbolic soap and a stiff brush. In the absence of a mother, a similar statement written by a Roman Catholic nun will suffice.

In an age of information technology it's best to attach a photo (attach JPG to email) of the penance in progress.

It's for your own good. Innocent

erik

you first get a warning. then you get muted if you do it again. then you get kicked for 30 minutes if you do it again. just stay calm. and you'll be back in 30 min. 

whiskeyfish

I already have nightmares about nun's, so if I can avoid that option I will. Maybe I can slam my hand in the car door instead?

whiskeyfish

Thanks Eric.

Maarten1980

Hello, my fellow chessplayer's.. I got kicked for swearing too.. Also not at an opponent, but because of my terrible game!! I hope it's true, the kick only lasts for 30 minutes. Yes, I should keep my mouth shut in case of swearing, but I also feel chess.com is a liiitle bit over-sensitive..

I feel very guilty and will never say those words again.

Maarten

ilikeflags

haha...  swearing, BUT not at your opponent...  oh you guys.

deserthoosier

is there a protocol for bringing offensive behavior to the attention of the administrators?

erik
deserthoosier wrote:

is there a protocol for bringing offensive behavior to the attention of the administrators?

yep -> http://support.chess.com 

Cystem_Phailure
ilikeflags wrote:

haha...  swearing, BUT not at your opponent...  oh you guys.

Yeah, I think maybe your photo's not showing the right end of the horses for this situation . . . 

ilikeflags

they sure are majestic looking creatures though...

aren't they?

skeletor3000

This rule is totally ridiculous. I've had many players be totally offensive, but if they don't say the buzzwords, it's all no problem. Example, guy successfully tricks me into losing my knight, says (unprovoked) "I knew you were a pathetic dumbass," to which I reply "what's pathetic is talking shit in an online chess game." Then I get kicked for 30 minutes. Stupid.