Forums

New Site Design Feedback

Sort:
johanpalmaer

There is no figures shown on my own team pages how many games are ongoing. If looking at others team then I can see it, but not on my own teams. This figures are important when planning for new games, since we normally trying to keep the activities on a planned level. If we do not know how many games are ongoing, then it's hard to know wheter to create or accept a new match or not.

shequan
MittRomney wrote:

Innovation and progress!  Now erik is one fine young American.  God Bless.

lol

shequan

why do people do this?

Sooner
johanpalmaer wrote:

There is no figures shown on my own team pages how many games are ongoing. If looking at others team then I can see it, but not on my own teams. This figures are important when planning for new games, since we normally trying to keep the activities on a planned level. If we do not know how many games are ongoing, then it's hard to know wheter to create or accept a new match or not.

I strongly agree. The number of matches a group has in progress is very important information to the SA's or Admins of that group in maintaining a reasonable load of matches in progress and should be shown on that home page, too. It is much more important to them than the number of matches in progress on other group pages and should be brought back as part of EVERY group home page in the new user interface as soon as possible.

Sooner

Many or most numbers in the new user interface are shown in very pale green. That color creates very little contrast with the background and makes it difficult to read the number (or print). The color should be changed to provide more contrast and be more easily readable.

Sooner

Are we no longer able to pin notes in the new user interface? Being able to do so was a useful feature of the old interface to call attention to notes of continuing importance and should be brought back as part of the new interface.

Sooner

Are we no longer able to sort the members of a group as we could in the old user interface? Now we seem to be stuck with their being sorted only by newest members. Being able to sort members in various ways is an obviously useful feature and should be restored as part of the new interface. In fact, a complete lack of sorting capability in a large variety of lists was a glaring weakness of the old interface. It seems that the new interface has made that weakness even worse. That's progress? But, we were able to access those old sorted lists only sequentially in groups of just a few screens at a time. Navigation within lists would be greatly improved if we could have random access, especially when we are trying to identify members within certain rating ranges when we are planning team match challenges, for instance.

himath2009
Sooner wrote:
johanpalmaer wrote:

I strongly agree. The number of matches a group has in progress is very important information to the SA's or Admins of that group in maintaining a reasonable load of matches in progress and should be shown on that home page, too. It is much more important to them than the number of matches in progress on other group pages and should be brought back as part of EVERY group home page in the new user interface as soon as possible.

May I add that, since yesterday, other goups' Matches in Progress are not visible as well. Also, the Avg. Rating of group members (an important statistic, too!) has gone... Lest we forget, this is how they looked like in the Old Format:

Sooner
himath2009 wrote:
Sooner wrote:
johanpalmaer wrote:

May I add that, since yesterday, other goups' Matches in Progress are not visible as well. Also, the Avg. Rating of group members (an important statistic, too!) has gone... Lest we forget, this is how they looked like in the Old Format:

I still am able see the number of matches in progress on other group home pages, as well as the avg. rating of the group's members.

chess_kebabs

it's great you can now see average rating for members back again. 

am looking at this group now and can see average rating  but can't see how many team matches and vote chess games they have going.

http://www.chess.com/groups/home/iexclcreature-squad

himath2009
chess_kebabs wrote:

am looking at this group now and can see average rating  but can't see how many team matches and vote chess games they have going.

When you are NOT a member of the group, you can see all you like... When you ARE a member you don't see anything in any view, public profile or group profile!...

chess_kebabs
himath2009 wrote:
chess_kebabs wrote:

When you are NOT a member of the group, you can see all you like... When you ARE a member you don't see anything in any view, public profile or group profile!...

Then how come I can see the average rating there? Maybe am restricted to see some information, but not all, because am a member there. Will check out a group I'm not a member of.

chess_kebabs

I see the opposite on group profiles I'm not a member of.

Can see how many team matches and vote chess games they have on, but not their average rating. 

I'm pretty sure all the above info was viewable for all groups, regardless if belong to the or not, in the old format site. 

Sooner
chess_kebabs wrote:

Here is what I see for Creature Squad as a non-member:

himath2009
Sooner wrote:
chess_kebabs wrote:

View Members Challenge Team Match Challenge to Vote Chess Contact Group Leader
Matches in Progress: 38
Vote Chess in Progress: 8
Avg. Rating: 1558

I know, this is what I said before: if you are NOT a member you can see all. AND YOU CAN SEE NOTHING IN ANY GROUP YOU ARE A MEMBER OF!!!

chess_kebabs
Sooner wrote:
chess_kebabs wrote:

I can see those elements of information on all home pages of groups of which I am not a member--at least the few I checked. I assume they would all be the same.

You're right Sooner.. I just checked again the group I checked before that I was not a member of and lo and behold it's average rating is there. Am a ning nong for missing it. Thanks.

Sooner
chess_kebabs wrote:
Sooner wrote:
chess_kebabs wrote:

I can see those elements of information on all home pages of groups of which I am not a member--at least the few I checked. I assume they would all be the same.

You're right Sooner.. I just checked again the group I checked before that I was not a member of and lo and behold it's average rating is there. Am a ning nong for missing it. Thanks.

You're welcome. I feel the same way. So much information and so many changes thrust upon us so suddenly and unexpectedly! Sometimes it's a bit overwhelming and confusing.

chess_kebabs
Sooner wrote:
chess_kebabs wrote:
Sooner wrote:
chess_kebabs wrote:

You're welcome. I feel the same way. So much information and so many changes thrust upon us so suddenly and unexpectedly! Sometimes it's a bit overwhelming and confusing.

Indeed. We want to see more ease on this new site rather than more work to look up what we need/want to look up. But am confident it will get better as staff are taking the time and care to first fix the bugs and 2nd to make it more user friendly, have the features we would like to see back or new features/adjustments.

chess_kebabs

I don't want to winge about the same complaints/gripes I have with the new site, I'm sure some people are sick of hearing me say them. :)

*waves to someone in particular* ;)

Sooner
chess_kebabs wrote:

I don't want to winge about the same complaints/gripes I have with the new site, I'm sure some people are sick of hearing me say them. :)

*waves to someone in particular* ;)

I think we should complain and gripe all we can about the new interface as long as we do it in a constructive way that passes useful information on to staff so they will know what the problems are to which they should direct their attention and efforts.