Forums

New Site Design Feedback

Sort:
chess_kebabs

At least you are still here Aidan, some members did close their accounts, heard many say they won't renew memberships or upgrade. But hey, they are the minority so they don't matter..  right?

kco

yep they don't matter it because they don't want to embrace the changed.

netzach

Well as stated I love the site. Erik says their ''listening''. But don't want to hear the '' cannot please all of the people '' BS. as wouldn't be saying this if didn't care.

kco

have any prime minister,  president , king and queen made everyone happy ?

DrSpudnik

making decisions will make people unhappy. You just have to go with how many will not be disappointed and make your choice.

netzach
kco wrote:

I do embrace change kco but will not kow-tow or brown-nose. Why should I have to do 4 or 5 mouse-clicks to browse my chess-games when that was not the case before ?

Why embrace that ??

Joseph-S
DrSpudnik wrote:

making decisions will make people unhappy. You just have to go with how many will not be disappointed and make your choice.

Does the choice have to be for things that are worse??

kco
netzach wrote:
kco wrote:

I do embrace change kco but will not kow-tow or brown-nose. Why should I have to do 4 or 5 mouse-clicks to browse my chess-games when that was not the case before ?

Why embrace that ??

seriously, where did you have to go to do the 4-5 clicking to find something ? 

TheGrobe

Well, that's when choosing to do nothing might be optimal...

This is a whole lot of headache for very, very little benefit.

Joseph-S
kco wrote:

have any prime minister,  president , king and queen made everyone happy ?

Oh well, in that case it makes everything all right.  Undecided

TheGrobe
kco wrote:
netzach wrote:
kco wrote:

Why embrace that ??

Try navigating to the players list that contains the ratings distribution graphs, as an example.

netzach
kco wrote:
netzach wrote:
kco wrote:

Why embrace that ??

kco don't know how you manage your own chess but I am in the habit of looking at a game-position, thinking, going off & looking at something else on the site, then returning ? Currently have system where neither browser-back-button or anything else get's me back quickly to that game & it sucks...

I play a lot of chess but can hardly keep 50 tabs open can I ??

TheGrobe

The little "alert counter" bar at the top of the page doesn't work for that?

netzach
TheGrobe wrote:

The little "alert counter" bar at the top of the page doesn't work for that?

Haven't tried it does it ?

kco
TheGrobe wrote:
kco wrote:
netzach wrote:
kco wrote:

Why embrace that ??

Try navigating to the players list that contains the ratings distribution graphs, as an example.

two clicks, online-view players

netzach
kco wrote:
TheGrobe wrote:
kco wrote:
netzach wrote:
kco wrote:

Why embrace that ??

two clicks, online-view players

kco your not understanding what am saying here. You have 8 games-in-progress. Myself (as do many others) have much more than that yet on the original system access to all was via one-page..

Not always wanting to look at these games according to next-move-time. Want to browse ALL of them as I choose & plenty other people do the same.

@ Grobe. You too as you only have 2-games in progress.

kco

thegrobe if you are talking about indivial rating, remember I can't go in there because of my gold star member. 

TheGrobe

No, it's the one you referenced, but the link (and many others) used to be immediately available via my home page -- no hovering, scanning for the right menu item and then finding the link in the panel, it was click "HOME" and then click the link.

kco

the only problem I have here is that I cannot view all of my completed tournament, that has never been fix before and after the new design so....

TheGrobe

I think it's understating it, by quite a bit, to call that the only problem.