Forums

Player stalling in hopelessly lost game -- chess.com will do nothing about it

Sort:
cjsab
netzach wrote:

I understand you are letting opponent get to you. You have also posted on his '' notes-page '' & if you are not careful it will end up being yourself in trouble for harassing him.

You need to wait the until the time runs out & that's it end of story.

Yes, I know.  I am just so anxious to sever any connection between him and myself, once and for all.  I just can't believe anyone would be so utterly shameless as to do what he's been doing.  He went on vacation, came back, and went on vacation again, within the space of a day and a half.  Took the time while he was back to post some more annoying comments, but didn't bother to move, of course.

I despise him, what can I say?

b1_
cjsab wrote:

Yes, I know.  I am just so anxious to sever any connection between him and myself, once and for all.  I just can't believe anyone would be so utterly shameless as to do what he's been doing.

Has it occured to you he might be an 8-year-old, or have a mental condition in real life. If he's a troll you're doing exactly what he wants you to do. Why get riled up? You advised him to just give up so you could both get on with another game but won't take your own advice and go and play another game with any of the millions of other chess.com members and put this game and player behind you.

Forgetaboutit!

onthehouse
Kingpatzer wrote:

He's using the clock the way the clock is allowed to be used. If it's hopelessly lost, then it costs you nothing. Relax and stop trying to make other people adhere to your sense of ettiquette. You'll be much happier for it.

Yes. Please relax.
We'll be much happier for it, also.
You've got a won game.
Do'nt be impatient. It's yours.
It will come to you. In time.
Relax.

OldHastonian
[COMMENT DELETED]
OldHastonian
Well if this case doesn't apply, I don't know what does...
Frequently Asked Questions
What is vacation abuse?

Vacation abuse occurs when players use vacation time simply to prolong games that are completely and hopelessly lost.

Please use vacation time in an honest matter, when you are unable to move for an extended period.

Chess.com has the right to adjudicate any game in which we feel one of the players is using vacation time to intentionally delay a game when in a lost position. Abusing vacation time may also result in a warning and/or account closure.

_IronButterfly_

The comments here   are reminding me of the video that GM Dzinzi covered about higher rated players not following simple fundamentals or rules of chess.  

Often I rush through moves, (thinking I have the game, because the player is low rated), and I find myself in trouble within 10 moves ALL because I was impatient and didn't follow through with development and rushed to get the game over with.

In saying all this, perhaps the opportunities to improve chess skills and  learn new lines in openings, while waiting patiently for the opponent to "show up" may not be so bad after all.  

netzach

Win acheived at last:  :))
 http://www.chess.com/echess/game.html?id=53418916

kco

the OP wasn't talking about that one.

netzach

hmm..

OldHastonian

The game he was talking about seems to have now finished.

In view of all he had to endure on here, I guess he (understandably) didn't bother to inform us.

netzach
kco wrote:

the OP wasn't talking about that one.

Which then ?

Only has 4 left none of which terminal or vacation visible ??

kco
Grousey wrote:

The game he was talking about seems to have now finished.

In view of all he had to endure on here, I guess he (understandably) didn't bother to inform us.

yep that the one netzach, as shown above.

netzach
OldHastonian

22. Kxd1   Qd3+

23. Ke1   Bb4#    (23.Kc1   Ba3#)

bigpoison
cjsab wrote:
kco wrote:

even you suggested it, it still the same as telling him to resign !

that is why ivandh pointed it out...

22 Hours Ago · Quote · #46

ivandh 

cjsab wrote:
I didn't "ask him to resign".  I simply ... asked if he'd like to just go ahead and resign

A case of "selective editing", omitting the accompanying suggestion that we just go ahead and start a new game, since the outcome of the present one was entirely obvious and there was no point whatsoever in continuing.

And when exactly did "asking" or "suggesting" come to be synonymous with "telling" or "commanding"?  Have the semantics of the English language suddenly changed overnight, and I somehow missed it?

It's really becoming quite tedious repeatedly trying to explain that I merely made a friendly suggestion to point out that he did have the option of sparing us both the complete waste of time of playing out a game whose outcome was obvious, so that we might get on with a new game.

Does anyone still not understand this?

*raises hand*

How does your offer of a rematch have anything to do with requesting that your opponent resign?!

You made a "friendly suggestion" that your opponent give up 'cause he's beat?  How does one go about doing such a thing, exactly?

It's no wonder he prolonged the game. 

ponz111

The problem is that this kind of thing costs you time and that is very

important.

kco

that's old new bigpoision Laughing we tried telling him that 6 pages ago !

kco
ponz111 wrote:

The problem is that this kind of thing costs you time and that is very

important.

how ? both players agreed to the term at the start of the game.

bigpoison
kco wrote:

that's old new bigpoision  we tried telling him that 6 pages ago !

I know.  Ivan's post said it all.  I just wanted to show my solidarity.

RichColorado

Why don't you try going on vacation also.