Forums

The 2012 World Championship of Chess!

Sort:
Scottrf

http://moscow2012.fide.com/en/live?g=20120517

Scottrf

If Anand castles now he has a decisive 0.02 advantage.

keju

Houdini's two cents?

jesterville

...decisive?...more like marginal.

trysts

From my limited understanding of the Sicilian defence, it has been so deeply analysed that this game could go over twenty moves before they start thinking on their own.

Michael-G

Thank you Scottrf

SandyJames

Sveshnikov, cookies variation Wink Laughing

Michael-G

Seeing Anand's reactions, he doesn't seem to feel comfortable.Probably was expecting something else.

Scottrf

Yeah I was kidding.

keju

Lautier is really helpful. I can follow what's going on. The d6 pawn is the main weakness. Smile

jesterville

Yes "keju", I agree, this GM knows this variation, and he communicates it well...so we will not be "Shorted" today Smile

SandyJames

Now, the Bg2 is biting his own pawns on e4d5 so I guess f4 is coming...

trysts

Houdini's line after 18. a3, ends with white exchanging his queen for two rooks!

jesterville

...I just can't do that trysts...I did that trade on one game, and fought for a draw in the end...never again.

jesterville

...this is more like commercials and art being the main stay, sprinked with a little chess...I hate it...and of course it is done at a main point in the game...this model just does not cut it. Thank Chessbomb for Chessbomb...

trysts
jesterville wrote:

...this is more like commercials and art being the main stay, sprinked with a little chess...I hate it...

Yes, their timing for these long breaks has not been very good since the game is exciting.

keju
jesterville wrote:

...so we will not be "Shorted" today 

Indeed Smile But my video feed keeps getting cut off every 3 minutes or so, so I miss some of the commentary while I refresh. Do you guys have that problem? Anyway, I went out to buy some bananas, and ohh look at the position now ... d6 weakness not on the cards anymore?

Michael-G

They have to get money somehow

keju

The concept of not annoying your customers has apparently not caught on with Russia's capitalists yet Frown

keju

Oh yes Naiditsch is suggesting planting white's a-rook (via c1) eventually on c6. Looks good to me Smile