Forums

How do you win this

Sort:
jetoba
HarshSaberTwitch wrote:
jetoba wrote:

Sack of Potatoes post (#28) has Black throwing away the draw on move 8 (Ke7 draws), White throwing away the win on move 10 (Kf6 wins) and Black throwing away the draw on move 11 (Ke8 draws).

If you depend on the defender misplaying the position then even poor moves can work out for the attacker.

In @Sack_o_Potatoes's variation the black king started on e7 instead of e8, so the game is drawn from the start.

Yes, the first error I listed was Black throwing away the draw, not White throwing away the win.  Yet the analysis made it look like a White win.  Either bad analysis or trolling.

ChessSetrooks

think before you act  happy.png 

MARattigan

If it's Black to play you don't.

macfroze

Only a person who totally has no idea how to play chess would lose in whites situation

ren97ren

White always wins because the pawn can move two spaces 

ren97ren

Well white has to get ahead of the pawn first

PapaDelve
boi
technical_knockout

king up first in front of the pawn.

Nytemere
DefenderPug2 wrote:

This is how I would solve it.

Promote to a rook. You are already winning

DefenderPug2
Nytemere wrote:
DefenderPug2 wrote:

Promote to a rook. You are already winning

Why not queen?

colorfulcake
DefenderPug2 wrote:

this draws for black as they get opposition, they just stay in front of the pawn and if whote moves the king, take opposition, repeat, until the king is on the last rank, stalemated or winning white’s pawn. Kd2 or Kf2 getting the king in front of the pawn is winning

DefenderPug2
colorfulcake wrote:
DefenderPug2 wrote:

this draws for black as they get opposition, they just stay in front of the pawn and if whote moves the king, take opposition, repeat, until the king is on the last rank, stalemated or winning white’s pawn. Kd2 or Kf2 getting the king in front of the pawn is winning

Show me a game using my exact moves where this happens. I want to see what you mean.

colorfulcake

edited

DefenderPug2

Ah….oh…..ooew….

ttekan
Easy
Matheus180

White!

Wolf_Plays_Chess