Does learning Russian make you better in chess?

  • #1

    -title-

    (Bobby Fischer learned Russian)

  • #2

    it'll let you acces the vast amount of chess books in russian. other than that i don't know how it might help you.

  • #3

    Learning Russian enhances your brain cells in a special way and gives a +100 points rating boost. Laughing

  • #4
    Natalia_Pogonina wrote:

    Learning Russian enhances your brain cells in a special way and gives a +100 points rating boost.


    The Russian Grammer is like endgames

  • #5

    It is scientifically proved that Russian speakers can see more colors...

  • #6
    Fasaa wrote:

    It is scientifically proved that Russian speakers can see more colors...


    Yeah I heard about it

  • #7

    да я - шахматный владелец высшего качества, разрушают монстра давки бога превосходная корова шахмат владельца

  • #8

    @ WGM Natalia_Pogonina

    i hope you will include some tips for learning russian in your articles Smile

  • #9
    pavanmss wrote:

    @ WGM Natalia_Pogonina

    i hope you will include some tips for learning russian in your articles


    Breaking news: yet another cheating scandal. An IM was spotted using Google translate on his mobile phone to learn Russian during a chess game!

  • #10
    UVF02368 wrote:

    да я - шахматный владелец высшего качества, разрушают монстра давки бога превосходная корова шахмат владельца


    you used google translate,didn't you?Frown

  • #11

    @fasaa

    Vodka drinkers see much more colours...Give me a break!Laughing

  • #12

    Hmm...what is the very best chess book on the planet that is only available in Russian? That would give the Russians an unfair advantage.

  • #13

    @WGM Natalia Pogonina

    What about Chinese?

  • #14
    Rogalentis wrote:
    UVF02368 wrote:

    да я - шахматный владелец высшего качества, разрушают монстра давки бога превосходная корова шахмат владельца


    you used google translate,didn't you?


    Yes, I - the owner of the super chess, destroy the monster god of the hustle chess excellent cow owner.

  • #15
    zboina wrote:

    @WGM Natalia Pogonina

    What about Chinese?


    You know,it's a thread about possible things,not dreams like learning Chinese

  • #16
    Natalia_Pogonina wrote:
    pavanmss wrote:

    @ WGM Natalia_Pogonina

    i hope you will include some tips for learning russian in your articles


    Breaking news: yet another cheating scandal. An IM was spotted using Google translate on his mobile phone to learn Russian during a chess game!


    hahaha

  • #17

    How do you say "I resign" in Russian?

  • #18

    I doubt that it will give you a 100+ point rating boost. I don't really see how it helps you in chess.

  • #19
    JonathanTheH wrote:

    I doubt that it will give you a 100+ point rating boost. I don't really see how it helps you in chess.


    I hope you realize it is a "fun in chess" thread.

  • #20

    It's a great psychological weapon; I've had numerous games where my opponent was scared to death when he heard me speaking Russian before the round.

Top
or Join

Online Now