Forums

I am almost rated 1600 in lessons!

Sort:
StanShue

I have a new high in lessons! I am rated 1598 in lessons. In lessons my score is 57% overall. In lessons I am #3250, or so out of my nation.

Pikelemi
That was great fun
StanShue

I give trophies to lucky posts: posts 2, 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, 150, 200, 250, 300, 350...

StanShue
Pikelemi wrote:
That was great fun

I gave you a trophy alright.

Destroyer942
I want one too
HorribleTomato

Then why don't you give some to post 7?

HorribleTomato

Hmm???

KeSetoKaiba

This is cool, but lessons are a bit easier to rise in rating than actual play; this is because the lessons are harder to lose points than in games. Some lessons will drop your rating 5 or 10 points if you moved incorrectly during the entire lesson, but in a real game one slip could lose you the game (and points) instantly. Many people I know have lesson ratings several hundred points above their own rating, but an accomplishment of any kind should still be celebrated though. I think of lesson ratings as demonstrating the player's ability to improve; this is potential to learn a concept - but one also needs to put this into practice to improve though. Higher lesson ratings may indicate that the player may increase rating over time IF and ONLY IF these lessons are incorporated into your play of games.

StanShue
Destroyer942 wrote:
I want one too

You got a trophy!

StanShue

I am rated 1601 now!

StanShue

Since I took post 9, 10, 11, and will take 12, 13 I give a trophy to 8, 14.

StanShue

This is the way I give trophies.

StanShue
KeSetoKaiba wrote:

This is cool, but lessons are a bit easier to rise in rating than actual play; this is because the lessons are harder to lose points than in games. Some lessons will drop your rating 5 or 10 points if you moved incorrectly during the entire lesson, but in a real game one slip could lose you the game (and points) instantly. Many people I know have lesson ratings several hundred points above their own rating, but an accomplishment of any kind should still be celebrated though. I think of lesson ratings as demonstrating the player's ability to improve; this is potential to learn a concept - but one also needs to put this into practice to improve though. Higher lesson ratings may indicate that the player may increase rating over time IF and ONLY IF these lessons are incorporated into your play of games.

I gave yo a trophy.

nallets
Congrats on 1600!
nallets
;)
StanShue
starboystellan wrote:
Congrats on 1600!

I gave you a trophy too!

StanShue

I always give congratulation trophies. 

StanShue

By the way I am rated now 1637. If you think I am not saying the truth, look in my stats.

MainframeSupertasker

Well done!

MainframeSupertasker

That's impressive.