Forums

IncrediBill vs zrylam (with kibitzers)

Sort:
IncrediBill

Hmmmm.  Well, I'm thinking 11.Nxe7 and trading off Knights.  I feel that would solidify the pin on his remaining Knight and create other opportunities for my other pieces to start coming in.  I wouldn't mind if someone could suggest some other alternatives.

AKJett

11.Nxe7 Nxe7 12.Qd2 f6 13.Bh6 and Bxg7 Kxg7 14.Nxe5

AKJett

what would you say of Bf6?

IncrediBill

I like Bf6, but I think it creates the same standoff as would be created with Qd2 & Bh6.  I think that I am going to go with my original thoughts in Post #55 and play . . . . 11.Nxe7

AKJett

Nxe7

IncrediBill

With the trade off of the Knights complete, @zrylam's remaining Knight is securely pinned against his Queen.  I can now safely bring my Bishop into the d5 square and continue to apply some pressure.  So unless someone comes up with a diffferent idea, I will make that move official in a few hours.

IncrediBill

Well, it's official.  Time to bring in the Bishop and play . . . . 12.Bd5

ScarredEyes
But hey, what do I know...

Hmmm...Ra7, Rb8 or Nxd5. I prefer Nxd5...only your knight is pinned...

IncrediBill

Here are how things stand after @zrylam's last move. 

Things are pretty boxed in and tight around his King side.  Looks like it might be time for our Pawns to fight it out on the Queen side.  I have lots of options, but I am thinking of playing 13. c3.  Unless someone can suggest another line of attack with my minor pieces, or a different Pawn to push, then I am probably going to stick with that move.

IncrediBill

Well I can't seem to come up with any solid aggressive moves. So as the saying goes, "When in doubt, push a pawn."  I'm going with 13.c3

AKJett

Bb7 before or after taking

IncrediBill

With my Bishop under attack, I really have no choice but to move it because I cannot create a threat somewhere else.  I have several locations to move it, but since I want to keep pressure on the h6 square, the best place to move would be 14.Be3

IncrediBill

Looks like its pawn pushing time . . . . 15.d4

AKJett

T_A_K_E_T_H_E_B_I_S_H_O_P_N_X_E_5_

and double the pawns

AKJett

lol i didnt noticed!!!Tongue out

IncrediBill
Roeczak wrote:

lol i didnt noticed!!!

We all knew what you meant.  Funny response from @zrylam, though.

IncrediBill

As much as I do not like doubling up my pawns . . . I do not like going down a piece, even more.  So I have no choice but to recapture, and play . . . . 16. exd5

mottsauce

Bb7 seems obvious now.  The doubled pawns are a weakness: attack them!

IncrediBill

Looks like the tide has turned in @zrylam's favour, as he has gained tempo and I am forced to respond to the moves that he is making.  Well, at least his cxd4 move solves my doubled up pawn problem.  Wait . . . I have to respond with the same move and recapture his pawn. Noooooo, I am back to doubled up pawns again!!!

17. cxd4

mottsauce

now, for black i like the e4/f5 idea, opening up the diagonal for the bishop.   also possible is Bb7.