Forums

3. A game I lost, looking for some advises

Sort:
lkamal

This is a game I lost today. There I faced a number of occassions where I was unable to find a good move. But while analysing, I noticed some of the mistakes, which I have annotated. 

I'd like to learn from your comments.

GreenCastleBlock

You should learn how to play 3.Nxe5 for White.  If you don't want to do that, at least play 3.d4 to claim central space.  Your first reaction to suspicious looking play should be to assert yourself in the center.

lkamal

@scottk74 - Thanks, so this starts with a knight lost, but attackes and wins well. I'll look at that approach. 

Similarly, 29.Bb5?? 29.Qa8+winning seems to be a winning move which I did not notice.

lkamal

@chessmicky - Thanks for the detailed analysis. Yes I was afraid of the 27...Qxc2+; did not notice it is just avoidable.

lkamal

@GreenCastleBlock - Thanks

lkamal

@Frankiebones7983 - So even with this approach white is in a good position? 

Scottrf

3. Bc4 is an option, perhaps best if not most spectacular. Basically just developing, getting ready to castle and pointing out that black will struggle to castle.

GreenCastleBlock
The Five Pawn Gambit variation, in which White comes out with an extra five pawns:
Coomberlane

Just to clarify, f6 gets a ?? in most theory books, certainly not !?

GreenCastleBlock
nahtanoj23 wrote:

Just to clarify, f6 gets a ?? in most theory books, certainly not !?

I think it deserves a ?! or ? as it can be played in a way that doesn't lose material by force, but still is clearly inferior.  As for your 4.Qh5+, well, it simply doesn't work.  4...g6 5.Nxg6 Qxe4+ 6. "oops"

lkamal

@GreenCastleBlock - 1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 [[f6 3. Nxe5 fxe5 4. Qh5+ Ke7 5. Qxe5+ Kf7 6. Bc4+ d5 7. Bxd5+ Kg6 8. h4 h6 9. Bxb7.

After this black could easily captured 9. ... Bxb7. At least in 10. ...Bxb7 was an option, but black did not. What is the reason behind?

P.S: Sorry, I noticed there was an easy end if that mistake was done;

9. ... Bxb7

10. Qf5#