Forums

How did i do?

Sort:
UltraLaser
royalbishop wrote:

Marianne_skutt   is doing fine at the moment. Thank you.

You don't have to speak for other players, especially since you probably don't have psychic powers. And not only are you arguing with other players unjustifiably, but they are actually making good points - how about reading them first before deciding that it is only your opinion that matters.

As for the game, all round pretty good stuff - a few tactics were missed but practice improves this quickly - I fully agree with the comment that you should probably look for better opposition than computer easy, and that playing people in live chess will help improve your game. Good luck with your games!

royalbishop
UltraLaser wrote:
royalbishop wrote:

Marianne_skutt   is doing fine at the moment. Thank you.

You don't have to speak for other players, especially since you probably don't have psychic powers. And not only are you arguing with other players unjustifiably, but they are actually making good points - how about reading them first before deciding that it is only your opinion that matters.

As for the game, all round pretty good stuff - a few tactics were missed but practice improves this quickly - I fully agree with the comment that you should probably look for better opposition than computer easy, and that playing people in live chess will help improve your game. Good luck with your games!

Not arguing with other players. The only person  is paulgottliebthat has a problem.

And if it came across as i am speaking for hoynck or Marianne_skutt  then it was not meant that way. More interested in looking at her games here. She reminds me of a strong player on one of my Vote Chess teams here. By that i mean her attitude to win.

royalbishop

@ UltraLasker

Since the title is How did i do? And you brought up playing in Live Chess. What setting should a player try for first and move onto to improve here. Now i have to bringup many players (sandbag) keep their rank low just to enter those tournnament and win. So they are stronger than they appear.

Could you give a brief description how to use it. As i figure you have more experience with it at this site than i do here. Also i have to add i have played live games at other sites but that is like apples in oranges. As some LIve players all full time live players or close to it here.

Ok so far i have learned it is best to take a rest after playing a couple games less and 3 minutes. Else it could turn to some mindless moves in the middle game hoping my opponent does not see my error. I have had better result using traps but after a couple days they no longer work at 0 % compared to about 80%( reason is another story). So i have to move and create another. Feel like i am playing cheesy. I started to play using Openings (Book Openings ) but found better results getting out the book away from playin the regular moves in the opening.

It is not about me but i figure whatever problems i face in live Marianne_skutt  may also come across them. Live chess is the better way to go (I believe). Just not sure how i could use Chess.com live to improve as they have so many options?

UltraLaser

Hmm, well firstly, sandbagging is really only an issue for the person who is doing that - they will be stronger than their rating suggests, but you should relish the chance of playing strong players, as you learn from the moves that they make and therefore improve. They are gaining nothing from letting their rating hang low and winning an online tournament. Also, you should treat every game in the same way, whatever your opp's rating - so you shouldn't attempt at cheapos against lower or higher rated players - "always expect your opponent to make the best move".

This is a recommendation that some people will strongly disagree with, but I think only challenging higher rated players will help improve play a lot quicker as you learn more from the moves that they make. Hope this helps you both.

royalbishop
UltraLaser wrote:

Hmm, well firstly, sandbagging is really only an issue for the person who is doing that - they will be stronger than their rating suggests, but you should relish the chance of playing strong players, as you learn from the moves that they make and therefore improve. They are gaining nothing from letting their rating hang low and winning an online tournament. Also, you should treat every game in the same way, whatever your opp's rating - so you shouldn't attempt at cheapos against lower or higher rated players - "always expect your opponent to make the best move".

This is a recommendation that some people will strongly disagree with, but I think only challenging higher rated players will help improve play a lot quicker as you learn more from the moves that they make. Hope this helps you both.

Thanks for the info. Smile