We need more amateurs to post their annotated games.

• 4 months ago · Quote · #3541

Mal_Smith

mrklin wrote:

Thx for the feedback guys.

@Nanobot16: 5.Bxc3 is as Mal noted a fairly normal variation there, and the exchange is a personal preferance as I often struggle to keep the knights contained. Your other insights are spot on.

@Mal_Smith: 4.h6 is perhaps a bit timid but counters a very spesific and bothersome threat I've been struggling with, it takes away g5 from that knight, avoiding some embarrasing breaks into f7, or even pressuring my Queen if he can get his bishop up there. It may still be timid but it comes from some really bad experiences, so if it is a poor move I'd love some ideas of variations keeping my concerns in mind 

You're reacting to threats that aren't there yet, and maybe never will be. You haven't time to mess around like that. Have a look at the Masters database - no 4... h6; 4...Nf6 is highly favoured and is simply Basic Opening Principle Number #1 - DEVELOP DEVELOP DEVELOP (Knights first usually...) and BOP #2: don't move any unnecessary pawns in the opening. 

Caveat - your point about the Bishop moving to that square and pinning the Knight against the Queen is a good one, moving to h3 then doesn't chase the B away, ie., doesn't break the pin. Moving to h3 before the bishop can pin is a good idea, but the B can't move at all yet as it's stuck behind the Q pawn. Looking at Masters database you do see some moving h3 when the threat of the B moving us actually there. What if the N shuffles off in another direction and the B fianchettos? Then h3 was for nothing.

• 4 months ago · Quote · #3542

Attacker5000

This is a 5|2 game. 
  • 4 months ago · Quote · #3543

5arg

Can somebody add anything else besides what I added in annotation? :)

Some better moves maybe?

• 6 weeks ago · Quote · #3544

eaglejorge

BACK TO THE 16TH CENTURY , THE DAMIANO DEFENSE!

this is a 10 minute game 

• 6 weeks ago · Quote · #3545

chessman1504

eaglejorge wrote:

BACK TO THE 16TH CENTURY , THE DAMIANO DEFENSE!

this is a 10 minute game 

3. Nxe5

• 6 weeks ago · Quote · #3546

cashcow8

My drawn game in which I played well for most of the game. This was played at 15m+10s in the last round of a tournament. I had lost both my previous games to this player and he is better than me and higher rated, so I was pleased to get a draw.

• 6 weeks ago · Quote · #3547

adrienfines

@cashcow8 I'm not sure, but it looks like a Fritz analysis to me, I think the goal of the topic is a "personnal" annotation ! happy.png 

• 6 weeks ago · Quote · #3548

catlover123456

What technique is used to post a game? 

Please help. THX catlover123456

Post your reply: