Forums

What to play?

Sort:
HankMoody92

Hey everyone! This is a position similar to positisions that actually happened to me while playing,and i never managed to get the grips on it.This very position i found in a book about chess,and it is the situation after black plays gh2,where white resigned.However,in the book the author says that it is a big mistake for white that he resigned,for he is in a big advantage,and he can win easily,or draw in worst case scenario.I myself however cannot find the right move for white,cause that queen is just gonna be out whatever i play :) Anyways,any ideas,help,pleaseee its driving me nuts :) Cheers!

NimzoRoy

1.0-0-0 hg1 (Q) 2.Qd8#; 1...Nd7 2.e6 fe6 3.Bc4

if the pawn doesn't Queen 2.Bc4 followed by 3.Nf3

sw_fanatic

Hmm.. I'm interested to see the move order since the FEN indicates that white doesn't have castling rights here.

Other than that, the line suggested above would be what I'd go for.

Irontiger

Indeed, it looks like the key is to make way for the rook to intercept on h1 as fast as possible.

ivandh
NimzoRoy wrote:

1.0-0-0 hg1 (Q) 2.Qd8#; 1...Nd7 2.e6 fe6 3.Bc4

if the pawn doesn't Queen 2.Bc4 followed by 3.Nf3

I was thinking 2. Nh3 to block the queen's escape up the h file (2... h1=Q)? Oh but then 3. Bc4 Qxg2.

HankMoody92

Yeah,my chess engine doesn't allow me to castle either,and thats another thing that confuses me,now either im a total retard for chess  ( cause i really dont see why i couldnt castle) or there is something wrong :D Anyway,forgot to mention that part,my bad ! 

AndyClifton
HankMoody92 wrote:

This is a position similar to positisions that actually happened to me while playing...

lol...Well, that's a little hard to believe.  Anyway, didn't this book of yours give the solution?

waffllemaster

It's like saying "based on a true story"  I'm sure it's true he had a game where there was an open d file and he ignored a threat to make a bigger threat.

NimzoRoy

Maybe Hankmoody92 should provide the source of this problem and any details he left out, if any.

HankMoody92

Didn't left nothing out,i'm sure...The situation is from a book called "combinations and traps in openings",and no,the author doesn't offer a solution,the book is based on not giving answers,just puzzles :D Yeah Andy,i did have situations where i would take material and ignore the advancing pawn,though id lose most of the time :D Besides that,all i can give more is the game itself,so - 1.e4 c6 2.d4 d5, 3.Kc3 de4,4. Ke4 Kf6 5. Kg3 h5 6.Bg5 h4 7. Bf6: hg3 8.Be5 Rh2 9.Rh2:Qa5+ 10.Qd2 Qe5:!? 11. de5 gh2....and btw,still dont see why you couldnt castle

cartmankyle

Sometimes when no one's home I enjoy separating M&M's into color groups and pretending they're little villages of people with their own economic and social problems, and then I try to fix them through free trade agreements and other diplomatic measures. It's a fun little game i like to play. You should try it too.

AndyClifton
HankMoody92 wrote:

Yeah Andy,i did have situations where i would take material and ignore the advancing pawn...

Aha!  The similarity is truly uncanny!

Irontiger
cartmankyle wrote:

Sometimes when no one's home I enjoy separating M&M's into color groups and pretending they're little villages of people with their own economic and social problems, and then I try to fix them through free trade agreements and other diplomatic measures. It's a fun little game i like to play. You should try it too.

Reading so much off-topicness, I can only say :

Huh ?

x-5058622868
cartmankyle wrote:

If you remove their outer shells, they'll see that they're all the same inside, and then you can join them together into one big happy melting pot.

HankMoody92

Back to the topic,i consulted with a few very strong chess players in real life,and this is the main theory- you cannot castle cause the engines are probably bugged in some way and they assume that the king has been moved.

The only way to go is Qd8,then 0-0-0 with a check again,then Kh3.After that,the queen is in for a ride and in the end is lost,no matter the combination...Sorry for not being more precise,but just didnt have the time :) Happy new year to everybody!