Forums

I cannot play on chess.com and there's a lot of things I cannot do on chess.com why?

Sort:
Tigger

I can't even report a bug using my computer. Now that's a pretty big fail...

You'd think that if there was a known issue that effected a large part of the user community, it would be prominently displayed on the main screen with current/often updates on the problem resolution. That's how a lot of organizations inform frustrated users.

pstgh

Right on!

benexa
TheCoolGuy0917 wrote:
benexa wrote:

This is happening to me as well. Games work on the phone app though, but it's frustrating that I can't use my computer

When you drag your mouse on the left side do it show you anything?

I think it works now

EvilMortyFr
benexa wrote:
TheCoolGuy0917 wrote:
benexa wrote:

This is happening to me as well. Games work on the phone app though, but it's frustrating that I can't use my computer

I think it works now

It doesn't...

asherzane
TheCoolGuy0917 wrote:
benexa wrote:
TheCoolGuy0917 wrote:
benexa wrote:

I think it works now

It doesn't...

time to move on to better things.... aka [another site -- MS] lol

B1ZMARK

I type "chess.com/member/[username]" to view someone and "chess.com/live" to go to live chess, etc.

helps to memorize links 

Martin_Stahl
TiggerTTFN wrote:

A lot of interface options are not working for me on my Windows machine as well. I'm in eastern Canada. (I've noticed that this site does not have a stable interface - as a general observation.)

It has been going on for hours. Seems like enough time to fix and/or roll back the change that triggered the problem.

It wasn't due to a change. It only impacts a subset of members (as mentioned in post 4). The site has to work with the third-part CDN to fully resolve, based on my understanding of the situation.

scooby

yea i cant play either

rekounas

Happened to me on my Mac, but when I switched to my MacBook, I did not have the same issue.

rekounas

Happened to me on my Mac, but when I switched to my MacBook, I did not have the same issue

PickleSeven
B1ZMARK wrote:

I type "chess.com/member/[username]" to view someone and "chess.com/live" to go to live chess, etc.

helps to memorize links 

This actually works... THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Martin_Stahl
rekounas wrote:

Happened to me on my Mac, but when I switched to my MacBook, I did not have the same issue

If you are using the same internet provider (and not using VPN or proxy) both systems should have the same results. It's possible the problem is fixed for you and you just need to clear your browser cache on the first machine (and maybe your DNS cache).

Martin_Stahl

From some other posts, this appears to be resolved.