Forums

1500 blitz rating player - What can I expect at a standard chess tournament?

Sort:
DanijelDomazet

Hi community,

Here at Chess.com I played one or two games daily for the past 2 years. I nearly exclusively played blitz 5m+5s time control.

Even I was in a 1300 club nearly all of the time, during the past 4-5 months I felt I can take some better rated players. If somehow felt as if I crossed some imaginary chess knowledge limit. This indeed was true, and I recently reached 1500 Blitz rating.

Could someone comment on how strong this rating is compared to standard FIDE players?

I am planning on going to a classic chess tournament with time contorl 90min+30sec for the first 40 moves, then 30min+30sec for the rest of the game. 

What can I expect when playing 2000 ELO players? Am I far from that? Am I above that?

DanijelDomazet
Thanks, I have played long games (and often went into time trouble).
DanijelDomazet
In other words, if someone here has standard ELO rating around 2000, how strong would he she be here at chess.com at 5+5 blitz?
natureland

The chess ratings on chess.com are higher than USCF and FIDE ratings. Don't be surprised if your real rating is 1200.

medutis88

https://www.chess.com/article/view/chesscom-rating-comparisons

Old thread, but maybe it still represents the general pattern...

ToddA10
natureland wrote:

The chess ratings on chess.com are higher than USCF and FIDE ratings. Don't be surprised if your real rating is 1200.

I'm 1700 here and Uscf. It might depend on where you play.

Athanael

I am around 1500 blitz here but am 1779 FIDE rating OTB. I suck at blitz and fast paced games though.

DanijelDomazet

Thanks all for the info.

My highest ELO was 1900, now 1750. However, I don't play much, only 6-7 FIDE rated games yearly.

Here at chess.com I am happy to reach 1500 (Blitz).