Forums

Anyone else like Morozevich's style?

Sort:
EternalChess

Every game I see of Morozevich it is some crazy sacrifising or some very complicated positions, I am starting to enjoy his chess because it is very fun to watch. Despite him blundering a lot, I still respect him for his braveness in having complicated games, and having it every game in a tournament.

What do you guys think about him?

jontsef

Moro is one of my favorites. His style is my role model, unfortuntaley I can only get the blunders right and none of the good moves.

EternalChess

Today's round he had a good position but blundered badly, I dont understand how he can play so complicated day in day out, that must be exhausting in long tournaments.

Kens_Mom

Does he really blunder a lot?  Or is it one of those blunders that neither player catch over the board, but people end up finding during post-game analysis?

EternalChess
Kens_Mom wrote:

Does he really blunder a lot?  Or is it one of those blunders that neither player catch over the board, but people end up finding during post-game analysis?

They catch it, well against Giri he blundered twice and Giri didnt see it but the 3rd blunder was Moro's last.

sonofegypt89

any  top gm today can play like morozevich

but they dont like taking  risks because they dont want to lose points that affect  their rating

so they play it safe ...

moro doesnt care about ratings

EternalChess
sonofegypt89 wrote:

any  top gm today can play like morozevich

but they dont like taking  risks because they dont want to lose points that affect  their rating

so they play it safe ...

moro doesnt care about ratings

Many of Moro's attacks/complications are safe anyways, its just a matter of playing correctly in a complicated position later on.

Carlsen had a nice attack today but it was 100% safe for him.

Hahnda

I like his playing style, though he seems to have a "go for broke" attitude sometimes. It's great that he takes risks during his games. I watched an interview with him and the interviewer said "you play some very beautiful games and they are so interesting.." or something like that. Moro said, "I don't think it's true, I went to the book store and got a book called something like 100 greatest chess games of recent times, and I looked through it desperately for one of my games in there, I didn't find any of my games in there." So, he seems to be really wanting to be recognized for his play, but he isn't finding the recognition in the usual places. He seems like a decent fellow to me. 

chessmaster102

moro tal shirov alkhine

all players who LOVE TO WIN but dont HATE TO LOSE

varelse1

A friend pointed out Moro to me a few months ago, and i must say he is really an impressive player. No holds barred attitude, that's just what chess needs today.

Moro, if you're reading this, get well soon, and get back in the race! We need you!

EternalChess
LorencHoxha wrote:

I don't know slavic players that much

Stop with your political ranting, I am reporting you, I am tired of your b.s. nonesense.

EternalChess
Wred20 wrote:

I mean wtf; your blogs are "How Do I block Albanians" or "Why Bobby Fischer hated Americans?"..I see just hate, hate, hate, hate. You should get kicked out from chess.com

Im not the one posting on all my threads and calling me names and saying stupid crap, and posting notes on my profile excessively.

The thread was titled "why do americans like bobby fischer", with it explaining he hated Americans, which he did, and people (mostly Americans) provided their thoughts on why they like him. It was nothing offensive to Americans.

Albanian's on the other hand, just bully me every chess game I have with them, so I am tired of playing them.

UsedUsername

Morozevich is crazy lol

EternalChess

Bologan tried to take his spot, but he failed as badly as Moro.. I wish Moro was still in the tournament though, his first 2 games were crazy!