Forums

Anyone else miss the good old days when they were 900 below?

Sort:
ItsTimeForTim

Um, I only used to play chess with my bros, and I found out about chess.com from them. They are much higher rated than me. Lol

ren97ren

Lol

YouEvenLiftBro

Playing while drunk seems to knock a couple hundred points off ...

Chuck639

I learned chess thru my best friends uncle who was actually a talented musician that taught me both the guitar and chess. God rest his soul.

That was a generation ago and not much has changed in chess but the division in the chess community disappoints me and makes me laugh.

ren97ren

That guitar looks nice

Chuck639
YouEvenLiftBro wrote:

Playing while drunk seems to knock a couple hundred points off ...

Explains why I’m back at 800 but sometimes I just want to move the pieces is all:

ren97ren

Woah

Joseph_Truelsons_Fan
ren97ren wrote:

I used to love to play chess with my dad but ever since I’ve gotten better we’ve never played in a long time, how do I decrease my chess skills

I actually got my favorite opening trap in one of my first games

the legal's mate

InsertInterestingNameHere

if I got the legals mate at 800 I’d be sad because i would have peaked

B1ZMARK

when i was 900 chess was a whole battlefield, with only my imagination limiting my play

now it's just like

move pieces

take stuff

idk

Chuck639
ren97ren wrote:

That guitar looks nice

Thank-you! I’m going to restring it and revive it and my voice. It’s a Gibson made in Montana!

I feel a little let down but that’s more because the game is getting harder but I have confidence in my friends who are helping me out!

Jets-up39
shanlee132 wrote:
ren97ren wrote:

I used to love to play chess with my dad but ever since I’ve gotten better we’ve never played in a long time, how do I decrease my chess skills

Same. He just says he's busy lol 

Yeah...

MrFordMichael

Try to Queen Gambit and defeat your dad.

DubstepJunkie

Yeah. It was just get home from school, turn on some music and play some blitz. Back then I actually found chess relaxing

DreamscapeHorizons

Sorry, don't know what it's like.  Never been there!

Nomsayin?  Namean?

Just kidding. 

Jets-up39
CDRED141 wrote:

😂 I am just now 900 in bullet! 

m e 2