Brilliancy Competition

BlackLawliet

 

Please post your brilliancies here so we can decide on who's is the best! If you want to vote for someone's brilliancy, just repost it and add an indicator that you are voting for it, such as a +1.  To start us off, here is mine:Bxe6!!

Also, it would be preferable if you based your judgments on the complexity of the move, rather than just picking queen sacrifices. For example, a pawn move may not seem as good as a queen sacrifice, but it may be harder to find/requires more calculation to play successfully. 

Thankyou!

BlackYagami

Could not lie that move was very epic - I don't think I have any moves on here that would be profound enough to post yet haha

BlackLawliet
BlackYagami wrote:

Could not lie that move was very epic - I don't think I have any moves on here that would be profound enough to post yet haha

Thanks!

 

BlackLawliet

anybody?

talliholic

ok I will post mine: Brilliancy from talliholic

go to move 33. hxg3!!

BlackLawliet
talliholic wrote:

ok I will post mine: Brllaincy from talliholic

go to move 33. hxg3!!

Nice!

talliholic

also please put a link to the analysis so we know your not lying of your brilliancy.

Im not saying you liar, just so we are sure happy.png

BlackLawliet

Is it just me, or are almost all brilliant moves preceded by a mistake from the opponent?

BlackLawliet
talliholic wrote:

also please put a link to the analysis so we know your not lying of your brilliancy.

Im not saying you liar, just so we are sure

Ok. I just played rather... shamefully before and after the brilliancy.

talliholic

yep, mine was after g3? Mistake 

BlackLawliet

how do you upload games?

 

JqH_415g
BlackLawliet wrote:

how do you upload games?

 

Post the link on chess.com to the analysis 

talliholic

find in your archive the game where you made the brilliant move, then copy paste the link and then click on a clip paper where you post comment and paste the link on "Url" and then put the text to display that could be the link or something like "My brilliant move" or something like that.

BlackLawliet

https://www.chess.com/a/pSmsPHDGPUYN

There it is. Please tell me if I did it wrong.

BlackLawliet

Move 15 is Bxe6!!

BlackLawliet

Also, if you like a particular brilliancy, make sure to repost it with a +1 under it.

BlackLawliet
Tonya_Harding wrote:

Engines find some human moves brilliant, because they are instructed to first ignore these moves in their primary search for "candidate moves". They'll consider these moves only if they did not find anything good enough and/or have got enough time for it.

Hence, i've find some "brilliant" moves I played were pretty obvious to a human Chess player (with according level), and the engine rather dumb not to see it.

I appreciate the info. This is part of the reason that I made this forum. I wanted to see how humans rate moves compared to bots. None the less, I still love seeing a good old brilliancy!

 

kingsindianattack7
BlackLawliet wrote:

 

Please post your brilliancies here so we can decide on who's is the best! If you want to vote for someone's brilliancy, just repost it and add an indicator that you are voting for it, such as a +1.  To start us off, here is mine:Bxe6!!

Also, it would be preferable if you based your judgments on the complexity of the move, rather than just picking queen sacrifices. For example, a pawn move may not seem as good as a queen sacrifice, but it may be harder to find/requires more calculation to play successfully. 

Thankyou!

+1

BlackLawliet
kingsindianattack7 wrote:
BlackLawliet wrote:

 

Please post your brilliancies here so we can decide on who's is the best! If you want to vote for someone's brilliancy, just repost it and add an indicator that you are voting for it, such as a +1.  To start us off, here is mine:Bxe6!!

Also, it would be preferable if you based your judgments on the complexity of the move, rather than just picking queen sacrifices. For example, a pawn move may not seem as good as a queen sacrifice, but it may be harder to find/requires more calculation to play successfully. 

Thankyou!

+1

Thanks for the up vote!

BlackLawliet

does anyone else have brilliant moves?