Forums

Can Hikaru beat Magnus Carlsen at World Championship2015????

Sort:
Aliggator

I vote yes

pdela

with the record Nakamura has against Carlsen he shouldn't be allowed to challenge Magnus in a World Championship

Classical games: Magnus Carlsen beat Hikaru Nakamura 11 to 0, with 18 draws

TheOldReb

Whoever wins the 2016 Candidates tournament will be Carlsen's challenger .  That's not gonna be an easy task but Anand must be the favorite given that he has done it before . 

KM378

History has shown that Nakamura has NEVER beaten Carlsen. That doesn't seem encouraging, does it? However, that doesn't necessarily mean Carlsen would win. Nakamura has been playing quite well in 2015. Can his good form continue? It seems to early to make predictions...

pdela
KM378 wrote:

History has shown that Nakamura has NEVER beaten Carlsen. That doesn't seem encouraging, does it? However, that doesn't necessarily mean Carlsen would win. NAkamura has been playing quite well in 2015. It's really difficult to predict the outcome of matches when both players are great.

Nakamura has no chances to beat Carlsen, in a Knockout round with one game with each color maybe, but not in a 12 games match. That's the reality... In a fictional world anything could happen

Diakonia

Anything is possible.  Naka is playing well as of late, Carlsen is not invincible (why anyone thought he couldnt be beat is beyond me)  

Naka has said in the past that the world championship isnt all that important, plus he may be a late bloomer, so we shall see.

pdela
Diakonia wrote:

Naka has said in the past that the world championship isnt all that important

especially if you don't have it

Diakonia
pdela wrote:
Diakonia wrote:

Naka has said in the past that the world championship isnt all that important

especially if you don't have it

I dont think it matters.  Either its important to you, or its not.  

Aliggator
[COMMENT DELETED]
KM378
Aliggator wrote:

A 3101 Bullet Rating Player can not beat M.Carlsen???

Are the games played with bullet time controls? If they aren't, bullet ratings don't matter.

Diakonia
Aliggator wrote:

A 3101 Bullet Rating Player can not beat M.Carlsen???

Bullet has nothing to do with real chess.  Naka hasnt beaten Carlsen yet at a standard time control.

And...are you really going to base Naka's chances at the world championship off of a chess.com rating?

Aquarius550

I feel like we need to stop the candidate tournaments being on such a short schedule. In other words, why can't the chess world host the tournament when there's a need for it? It feels like the chess world is forcing the World Championships so that there's an event for it every two years. I almost feel that the chess world should have a champion's code instead of a candidates tournament, I like Carlsen's knockout tournament idea BUT ONLY IF ITS IMPLEMENTED LIKE IT WAS IN SOVIET RUSSIA, and maybe add in a national interzonal. Overall, I just don't want us to be "throwing people" at champions if no one is good enough. This year I think Nakamura is good enough, but what if we have an Aronian-Carlsen match down the line and Carlsen goes 12-0 >.< Not a realistic scenario but what a disaster.

Aliggator

PrestigiousEclipse

The logic. Bullet is not classical chess. Carlsen has never lost to Naka. Ever. Bullet doesn't matter in the World chess championship.

Diakonia
Aliggator wrote:

A Bullet raiting is very important beacuse just a Grand Genius can get a raiting more than 3100

Great analogy...3100+ bullet rating, has never beaten the world champion.  lets hear it for bullet!  

Ok...if you enjoy bullet then carry on, but dont act like a chess.com bullet rating is the determining factor for a world championship.  

Naka couldnt even beat Carlsen in the speed chess championship.

PrestigiousEclipse

Its too early too call anyway. FWI the candidates are in 2016. Like Reb said he has to win that. Beat all the best in the world. And only then will he be able to challenge Carlsen. But even then, Idk if he can win in a 12 game match first to 6.5 wins.

Aliggator

if you are smart your brain is working fast.a 3101 bullet rating say his barain is very Fast.and faster brain can win 2015 WorldChampionship.isn,t it?

PrestigiousEclipse

Fast thinking doesn't mean accuracy. Or endgame skill. And half of bullet are time wins. lol THE LOGIC Tongue Out

PrestigiousEclipse
Diakonia wrote:
Aliggator wrote:

A Bullet raiting is very important beacuse just a Grand Genius can get a raiting more than 3100

Great analogy...3100+ bullet rating, has never beaten the world champion.  lets hear it for bullet!  

Ok...if you enjoy bullet then carry on, but dont act like a chess.com bullet rating is the determining factor for a world championship.  

Naka couldnt even beat Carlsen in the speed chess championship.

Naka is a great player but I agree.

PrestigiousEclipse

Yeah no wins for Naka against Carlsen. For him to get 6.5 in a 12 game match? Nope.