Forums

can magnus carlson cross the 3000 elo barrier

Sort:
abdulmajidsayem1

hmmm 4 hours ago·Quote·#41

Nickalispicalis71 "carlsen newer won an open in his life"...can u give evidence to support this statement?

losingmove
Nickalispicalis71 wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

I think that was the criticism varelse, that these super GM's don't play in open tournaments, but controlled pools. Could be wrong though.

Exactly right.  It is a club that enables its members to occupy a privledged position.  Playing amongst themselves and making sure outsiders stay out.  Its politics of course.  Players such as Peter Leko, who haven't won anything in years, continue to get endless invites, whilst other players such as Topalov and Shirov (who play far better dynamic chess) are now on the outside looking in.

Its a dirty game.  Two players from the 90's Valeri Salov and Andrei Sokolov, both better ( in my opinion) then Kasparov and Karpov, basically forced out of the game by the two k's who leaned on organizers not to invite them to the presitigious events.  No invites, no money, no livelihood.

What provocative info. Is it true?

abdulmajidsayem1

guys stik to main topic its about crossing 3000 elo

cyberdynsystemsmodel

so wats d conclusion guys

konhidras

All i know is that Andrei Sokolov lost a so called "superfinals match" (Karpov was then ranked 2nd in elo and Sokolov at 3rd at that time) against karpov in the late 80s candidates match. (I hope my uncle's story is correct or im going to get  bashing from you guys.)

ManicDemoN

What about Alexander Khalifman? Isn't he the one who crossed the barrier of 3000 or have i misunderstood/misread something?

cyberdynsystemsmodel

weSmile get to knw so much from these posts........

Nickalispicalis71
konhidras wrote:

All i know is that Andrei Sokolov lost a so called "superfinals match" (Karpov was then ranked 2nd in elo and Sokolov at 3rd at that time) against karpov in the late 80s candidates match. (I hope my uncle's story is correct or im going to get  bashing from you guys.)

Spragget was not my source.  Interesting that you should make that assumption though not based on any facts.  I guess we should add the ability of Clairvoyance to the long list of your abilities.

InfiniteFlash

No, but one day i believe he will get to 2900.

kiwi-inactive

Well, theres a possibility he can...would be amazing right? 

bronsteinitz

What is this fascination with round numbers like 3000 ?

konhidras
Nickalispicalis71 wrote:
konhidras wrote:

Spragget was not my source.  Interesting that you should make that assumption though not based on any facts.  I guess we should add the ability of Clairvoyance to the long list of your abilities.

Lol! what stuff are you in dude? Coz i dont remember telling you that you got your sources from Spraggett or fagget or whatever or whoever. Cheers dude! "rock en roll!!"

abdulmajidsayem1
bronsteinitz wrote:

What is this fascination with round numbers like 3000 ?

its kewl and its a great figure for a new record

abdulmajidsayem1
kiwi_overtherainbow wrote:

Well, theres a possibility he can...would be amazing right? 

that would be great...

steve_bute

Numerologists the world over will be having wet dreams.

abdulmajidsayem1

hmmm

PatzerLars

Suppose he manages to make it one day, guess what ? The next day another dork will open a thread titled "Can MC cross the 4000 .. ?" :-D

abdulmajidsayem1
PatzerLars wrote:

Suppose he manages to make it one day, guess what ? The next day another dork will open a thread titled "Can MC cross the 4000 .. ?" :-D

dat dork will definitly b u

raphaelniu
[COMMENT DELETED]
raphaelniu

ithink before 2045