Forums

Chess rating system

Sort:
ZozanZ

Thanks for the feedback. I translated all of your message to my boy. He gets quite upset when he loses points and he cries when he loses back to back happy.png  I am having trouble comforting him. I want him to have fun and to continue playing and improving and don't want him to get upset..

He listened with full attention so I think he liked your comments happy.png

And I personally have recovered some points as well, I guess this is the way it is supposed to be.. Thanks.

Sinclair_Ian77

Even the champions have bad times in their games and lose games. Learn from your mistakes and you will improve eventually. 

I have learned success in things is never a smooth path, its got lots of ups and downs along the way. 

chess_is_awesome_yah
I go to a class Chess4life and they have a rating system online called myrating.com
FGBergeron
Your program is flawed. People are using separate chess computers. When someone with a 900 rating plays a game like a master, you know they have help. Won’t bother spending money here.
Roho56

I am fairly new to this but appreciate the help. When I lose a game, I drop around 10 points. When I win, I gain 5! haha. Doesn't seem fair. Can someone explain it to me please?

ZozanZ

Points you lose or get depends on the rating of your opponent. When playing a stronger opponent, you lose less points if you lose and you gain more points if you win. Opposite when playing a weaker opponent.

JamesTheChessWizard

Hi I was wondering how many classic rated ACF games you had to play before you acquire a classic ACF rating.

hariza4403

I love chess and sometimes I am surprise myself because I feel I'm playing good against strong players

but with my up & downs my rating easely change from 1600 t0 1300 but most of all I play for fun!

waizWaseem

erik wrote:

basically:

everyone starts out with a rating and a variable that determines how accurate your rating is. if you haven't played any games, then that variable is HUGE and allows your rating to swing more aggressively. but if you have played 1,000 games all very recently, then you have a low variable, so your rating will move more slowly. also, your opponent's variable matters. if they have a very loose variable, your rating will move less than if they have a tight variable. 

:) 

erik wrote: basically:everyone starts out with a rating and a variable that determines how accurate your rating is. if you haven't played any games, then that variable is HUGE and allows your rating to swing more aggressively. but if you have played 1,000 games all very recently, then you have a low variable, so your rating will move more slowly. also, your opponent's variable matters. if they have a very loose variable, your rating will move less than if they have a tight variable. :) 

Alexandru-Caliman
[COMMENT DELETED]
Chimedregzen

is the rating on chess.com unofficial? how could we get official rating with certificate.

SmyslovFan
Chimedregzen wrote:

is the rating on chess.com unofficial? how could we get official rating with certificate.

"Official rating with certificate" implies that you are talking about titles such as CM, NM, FM, IM, GM and so on.

In order to get an official title (that matters), one must play over the board tournaments in officially sanctioned events. If you live in the US, there are USCF events and some FIDE events. If you live in Mongolia, I believe your only real choice is FIDE. Other countries do have national ratings systems too tho.

Sobhan_shaik

hi friend. I am new to this game software. but I know about this game. now please tell me how can I play chesd with friendsin online

Sobhan_shaik

Chimedregzen wrote:

thank you. now I try about chess. com

natakoala
[COMMENT DELETED]
Tom2007-AU

That is a lot of people

Tom2007-AU

and messages

Chess360

plz join https://www.chess.com/club/c-o-c-club-of-chess

and https://www.chess.com/club/chess-n-chat-1

Chess360

Chess360