Forums

chessboxing

Sort:
loserplayer2000

Does anyone here know about chessboxing?I read and search it in the internet and it does exist. Its a combination between boxing and chess into one action. Chess take the event  in a round and boxing in the other round - these requires a lot of hardwork between the two composition - the body strenght and mental strength. If you were the player for this would you stand for all time in the end? You can click for resources, related videos and pics @ http://pinoy-thinking.blogspot.com/2011/05/chessboxing-for-pinoy-sport-chess-and.html

Pat_Zerr

When I first saw a website about chessboxing, I thought it was a joke website.  But failing to see any jokes on the page, I googled "chessboxing" to find that it is indeed a real sport.  A round of boxing followed by a round of chess, followed by another round of boxing and another round of chess, etc.  Sounds like it should be a joke, but it's not.

JerryKasparov

Always wanted to try it.

khlarenschess

is this really true? ican't believe it but when i read that link article, it proves an exciting event that really happen!..amazing and cool sports!..not a joke indeed...something to be have more challenges happen in the event,..for all chess member here,can we handle this kind of sport?

baddogno

But isn't it really difficult to move the pieces with boxing gloves on?

Pat_Zerr

I guess if you get frustrated with your opponent beating you at chess, you can try beating the crap out of him in the next round.

DonnieDarko1980

unfortunately not, because if you lose at chess, you lose the whole competition and there will be no further round of boxing :)

I think I'll stay with just chess ...

kenshinsasuke

hahaha...nice article...i thought this is only a joke,.but really true,..after boxing in 1 round,then take out gloves to make a move while sweat downs your skin,..kind of funny but exciting fight for this event!

klintshin

i'll go for chess, boxing is very hard to swallow....

Pat_Zerr
DonnieDarko1980 wrote:

unfortunately not, because if you lose at chess, you lose the whole competition and there will be no further round of boxing :)

I think I'll stay with just chess ...

It was my understanding that chessboxing is several rounds of boxing mixed with several rounds of chess, and they judge the winner based on the number of rounds of chess or boxing won.

khlarenschess

ahhh..a win via knockout or checkmate! what you like?

ivandh

That's nothing... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUE4CFrLaOs

Shot-glass chess boxing. Because getting punched in the head doesn't impair your chess skills enough.

khlarenschess

i agree...that's true,..how on earth they made this things?

loserplayer2000

That's nice sports!..we've come to it in the future!

Here_Is_Plenty
ivandh wrote:

That's nothing... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUE4CFrLaOs

Shot-glass chess boxing. Because getting punched in the head doesn't impair your chess skills enough.

That was absolutely hilarious.  Best 8 mins of my evening.

klintshin

this is an exciting fight!

kenshinsasuke

any updates on chessboxing?

khlarenschess

cool chess boxing.....

kenshinsasuke

any updates on chessboxing? i think it will not going to reach in philippines and all parts of asia, this is just on western based sports...

klintshin
boogey_5656 wrote:

ahhh..a win via knockout or checkmate! what you like?

any of the two if the fight go to the distance or on the board...